Jets trade Sam Darnold to the Panthers

Like I said, no big fan of darnold here. But as you said he was cheap and they were desperate. His production is trash but he has some arm talent and will have a nice supporting cast in Carolina. If he fails there he just sucks and they draft his replacement high next year.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same thing that always seems to happen.

A 2nd round pick 2 drafts out is absolutely a steal for that type of flyer. I don't care if he doesn't pan out, that value is a no brainer.

Imo, this will never happen.    The Titans totally lucked out and won the lottery with the Tannehill trade. It's the single most unexpected/best thing to ever happen to this franchise since

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

I understand why Carolina is rolling the dice on Darnold. And maybe he will improve away from Gase. But the only reason it makes any sense is that Carolina has no better options and it was cheap for a QB.

That's the whole point though and why the 2nd is such a minimal cost. If they took a QB for the sake of a QB it will be a Locker situation. A 2nd is so little compared to some possible alternatives.

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

Like I said, no big fan of darnold here. But as you said he was cheap and they were desperate. His production is trash but he has some arm talent and will have a nice supporting cast in Carolina. If he fails there he just sucks and they draft his replacement high next year.

Pretty much how I see it. I think it's worth the dice roll, especially considering they're likely out of luck on QB at 8. I think they wanted Mac Jones.

I don't really know what Darnold is. I feel it's hard to judge. He's been bad no doubt, but he's also been on arguably the worst team, the worst organization, the worst ownership, the worst HC, and the worst roster in the league since he's been drafted. He could just be another overhyped USC QB. I didn't love him coming out of the draft. I think we'll get a clearer picture now of what he is because he will have much better skill talent around him and a capable OC. We'll see.

4 hours ago, Bongo59 said:

I like the QB Trask from Fla better than Darnold, Bridgewater, and three of the QBs being talked about in the first round this year.  He reminds me of Brady in college.  

LOL

That is one of the dumbest things you have ever posted and that is saying A LOT.

On 4/6/2021 at 9:02 PM, Bongo59 said:

A.J. MCarron, Newton, Mariota, Flacco, Brisset, Trubisky, Dalton, CJ Beathard, Minshew........for starters.  

How would Mariota not cost anything?He restructured his contract with the Raiders so they aren’t giving him away for free. 

A.J. McCarron and C.J. Beathard are better than Darnold?  Now I’ve heard it all.

And Darnold is way better than Newton.  Not sure how you could’ve seen Newton play last year and think he’s better than anyone, let alone Darnold who is better at everything than Newton but running.

32 minutes ago, scine09 said:

A.J. McCarron and C.J. Beathard are better than Darnold?  Now I’ve heard it all.

And Darnold is way better than Newton.  Not sure how you could’ve seen Newton play last year and think he’s better than anyone, let alone Darnold who is better at everything than Newton but running.

Bongo's talking out of his ass again.  You don't even have to like Darnold that much to think he's better (even strictly on upside) than that list of stiffs that he put out.