Jets trade Sam Darnold to the Panthers

15 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Northwestern OT Rashawn Slater if Penei Sewell is already gone.

Forgot about Slater.

My thought was someone wanting to get in front of the Broncos for a QB. They 100% have to stay in front of Chargers to have a chance at Slater and not any QB needy teams looking QB in between them unless other trades happen. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same thing that always seems to happen.

A 2nd round pick 2 drafts out is absolutely a steal for that type of flyer. I don't care if he doesn't pan out, that value is a no brainer.

☝️☝️☝️☝️ Well that's it folks. Darnold is headed to the HOF. We can end this thread now

5 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I get that. But the flyer is a no brainer imo. They clearly don't like a QB at 8 at all and would rather roll the dice and potentially throw away a 2nd in 2022.

I think Mac Jones was the guy they wanted. They tried to trade for Burrow last year. Jones seems like the best fit of the other 3 guys in Brady's scheme. 

It's a good calculated risk on Darnold. He might prove to be trash, but we'll see. Darnold is still only 23. He was 20 when he got drafted.

5 hours ago, Bink said:

I think the Panthers realized there would not be a QB to be had at 8. There wasn't really anyone in front of them looking for QB, though. Now they are in a great position to trade down if you think about it. If a team like the Patriots wants to jump the Broncos you have to deal with Carolina. 

They were at serious risk of being left at the altar. It could go Lawrence, Wilson, Jones, and Lance 1-4. Then you have to worry about a team like DEN or NE trading up ahead of you.

I'm curious what ATL does. Do they go QBOTF or stick with Ryan a few more years? ATL could get a big time haul if they auction the pick for a team needing QB.

You have to wonder how the Lions play into all this; the general consensus was they weren't going QB, but they have done several things, including releasing backup Chase Daniels that could indicate that they view Goff as a placeholder until a rookie is ready to start. It would still be a massive cap hit to release him after this year, but it's not out of the question since the Lions don't have big contract veterans besides Decker's. 

Huge gamble by the Panthers.  I think they would be better off having waited to see what happens with Watson and just going with Bridgewater if there wasn't anything at 8.  

Darnold is a sub 60% thrower who throws as many picks as he does TDs.  He averages 6 yards per attempt and has a career record of 13-25.

I understand he's young and has some traits but what on earth has this kid shown that makes anyone believe he can develop into a quality starter?  Bridgewater is a guy you hide with the running game because he can't lead a pass first offense but this guy is a backup.  It's a team game but QB is pretty obvious in today's NFL if the guy doesn't have it by year 3, he probably never will. 

8 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

You have to wonder how the Lions play into all this; the general consensus was they weren't going QB, but they have done several things, including releasing backup Chase Daniels that could indicate that they view Goff as a placeholder until a rookie is ready to start. It would still be a massive cap hit to release him after this year, but it's not out of the question since the Lions don't have big contract veterans besides Decker's. 

I see the Lions going after someone like Davis Mills.

Dude has a ton of talent, but only started 11 games. 

2 hours ago, Justafan said:

Huge gamble by the Panthers.  I think they would be better off having waited to see what happens with Watson and just going with Bridgewater if there wasn't anything at 8.  

Darnold is a sub 60% thrower who throws as many picks as he does TDs.  He averages 6 yards per attempt and has a career record of 13-25.

I understand he's young and has some traits but what on earth has this kid shown that makes anyone believe he can develop into a quality starter?  Bridgewater is a guy you hide with the running game because he can't lead a pass first offense but this guy is a backup.  It's a team game but QB is pretty obvious in today's NFL if the guy doesn't have it by year 3, he probably never will. 

Carolina made a bad deal with Bridgewater last year and now they just threw more good money after bad.  Bad decisions need to be eliminated quickly.  

3 hours ago, Justafan said:

Moreoever - how is Darnold any better than Bridgewater?