Harris to Take Lead on Working with Central America on Border Issues

tgo

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, it's a highly contagious respiratory illness. Those are usually GLOBAL.    Here, I'll help you out.   

I think it's good to point these things out and to hold Biden accountable for getting things fixed.   One notable difference is that the cruelty was the point with Trump. It was meant to fun

I like T279, but he’s out in left field with what’s happening with immigration and the Cuomo saga.    Of course when you keep people caged in Mexico and release them they’re going to come north

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

Yes, it's a highly contagious respiratory illness. Those are usually GLOBAL. 

Here, I'll help you out. 

image.png.5a4463defc186019a34a4d65811fc719.png

So a random color coded map pulled off the Internet with no context is supposed to prove your point?

Edited by LongTimeFan

1 hour ago, pat said:

Ok, so I went to that page and started clicking on the individual parishes in Louisiana that are colored dark red. NONE OF THEM were coded correctly as having 250 or more average daily cases per 100,000.

19 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Ok, so I went to that page and started clicking on the individual parishes in Louisiana that are colored dark red. NONE OF THEM were coded correctly as having 250 or more average daily cases per 100,000.

Then write a Letter to the Editor

2 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Well don't tout shit that is not correct.

The legend is a not an even scale.  100 to 250 is practically indistinguishable.  Quit being an idiot whining about the colors.

Basically, the editors apparently said "fuck it, the south is jumping off the deep end"

Edited by pat

If the scale was evenly shaded, the difference would be even more stark.  The South is off the hook right now, even though the Delta variant is spreading everywhere and is no joke.

Get that vaccine now.

To clarify for everyone... The New York times daily cases graph is based on daily cases per 100k people.  It has a color scale shaded in intervals of 20, starting at 10.  But at the top of the scale, it groups 100-250 as a single block.

Essentially, all those darker areas in the South are seeing infections on an entirely scale from the rest of the country.  It's well out of hand.

If you recalibrated the graphs to have an even color scale, then only the South would appear to be at risk.  That would be misleading, since exponential growth means even small increases are worrisome.

But of course, some people just want to get a haircut while the world burns.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/covid-cases.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

1 hour ago, pat said:

To clarify for everyone... The New York times daily cases graph is based on daily cases per 100k people.  It has a color scale shaded in intervals of 20, starting at 10.  But at the top of the scale, it groups 100-250 as a single block.

Essentially, all those darker areas in the South are seeing infections on an entirely scale from the rest of the country.  It's well out of hand.

If you recalibrated the graphs to have an even color scale, then only the South would appear to be at risk.  That would be misleading, since exponential growth means even small increases are worrisome.

But of course, some people just want to get a haircut while the world burns.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/covid-cases.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

That graph is so misleading. If you add up all of the average daily cases in Louisiana it doesn't come close to the 2,879 for just Los Angeles County which is a light yellow. 

You are more likely to run into a Covid positive person in the tightly compacted  Los Angeles County  then roaming around Louisiana.