Dolphins Release Isaiah Wilson

Just now, japan said:

I don't blame any of his stupid off the field decisions on covid.

Exactly which is why I am saying that Pats even insinuating that psychosis developed from Covid is technically a possibility, it is not worth discussing because it just straight up isn't worth it. It's simply a distraction.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In my 40 years living in the world of psychiatric disorder while working in a general psychiatric hospital and then running a secure forensic area where we dealt with the murder and rape and other sev

Covid kicked my ass.  No hospitalization but unable to leave the house for at least 10 days.  Continuous 24/7 coughing.  Respiration rate dangerously low.  Exhaustion and barely able to go 40 feet fro

Posted Images

8 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Exactly which is why I am saying that Pats even insinuating that psychosis developed from Covid is technically a possibility, it is not worth discussing because it just straight up isn't worth it. It's simply a distraction.

Agreed. The chances this guy got that specific complication is so remote that I'm not sure how valid it is to seriously discuss it. I'd bet my life it wasn't covid-induced psychosis that did Wilson in. 

On 3/24/2021 at 7:33 AM, patsplat said:

Why is it so easy to assume that the kids hates football or money?

Kids do dumb shit all the time, but this is literally one of the worst rookie flame outs of all time.  It's crazy.

Well, this kid also had COVID.  And psychosis is a rare but reported side effect of COVID.

If there's going to be speculation or rubbernecking the possibility should be part of the conversation.

People just enjoy making jokes about him, more than wanting to spend time analyzing the possibility that some mental issue is his problem.  We all know fuckups, some of us are fuckups who would Manziel our opportunity to play in the NFL in worse ways than Johnny did.

Wilson is smart and he's articulate.  "Mental issues?  No way."  Covid, the shit that makes people lose their smell often months after their first encounter.  "What's that got to do with it?"  What if you mix it up with the performance enhancing drugs athletes take, "now you are getting off the subject."

The reality is we don't know.  Believing for the last seven or eight years he invested his life into becoming a NFL player, so he could act the way he's acted since signing with he Titans takes an extreme amount of faith in a weak theory.  He went to school, everyday.**  He was a model citizen.  He studied grammar enough to become extremely articulate for a football player.  Dexter Manley couldn't even read.

He spent 12 hours a day going to HS.**  Isaiah is from Canarsie, hard for a kid to get out of there and do anything special.  But seems a lot of people think he dedicated himself to doing all this and working his butt off at GA  just so he could flip a bird to the NFL after getting one payday.  One payday from an easy 80M career.

** https://www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/next-generation-cross-town-journey-changed-isaiah-wilsons-life

10 hours ago, tgo said:

This is more or less my logic:

Wilson is acting truly crazy.  No matter what the cause, this goes beyond stupidity or selfishness or ego or a number of normal flame outs.  The kid is crazy.

In college he seemed fine.  Unlike Underwood he actually played before getting drafted.  Started 24 of 25 games in Georgia.

Then, in Tennessee, he lost his marbles.

What happened?

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus....this thread again?

The fallout of Wilson’s spectacular implosion will probably cause every NFL scout to take a full shaker of salt with anything they hear from the UGA coaching staff.