Multiple Lawsuits Filed Against Deshaun Watson for Sexual Assault

SirLanceALot

1 minute ago, Alcibiades said:

Yeah...I think he's aiming at avoiding jail time at this point, rather than complete denial. 

Dude you need a dose of reality. He hasn't even been criminally charged after all this time. I'm not saying it's not possible but as of right now this is a civil matter.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's where you and your wife stand at opposite ends of the house and yell [email protected] Y0U!!!!  

I can guarantee Mariota isn't going to have multiple women come forward with these allegations against him!!!!

I need to see pictures of these women before I decide who is telling the truth.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Dude you need a dose of reality. He hasn't even been criminally charged after all this time. I'm not saying it's not possible but as of right now this is a civil matter.

I'm not arguing. But more people are coming forward, and right before they do his lawyer says something like this? Come on....he's worried about something. If it's not renewed criminal danger, what do you think it is? 

Let me elaborate, since you think I'm outside of reality (a bit strong of a claim, just for disagreeing with me, but whatever). Suppose you are a woman who felt threatened and coerced in this way. You don't really want to get involved, because these trials are messy and Watson is a celebrity. But, hey, over 20 women have come forward. Surely, he'll be charged. Then, he isn't, because of lack of evidence or whatever. Looks like he's going to get away with it, and at best the people who accused him might get monetary compensation. 

What do you do? 

Edited by Alcibiades

I will say that proving forcible hand jobs is a much harder thing to prosecute criminally as opposed to more traditional sexual assault incidents that result in prosecution.  Likewise, him jerking off on a masseuse raises the inevitable question of why they didn't stop the session once Watson started masturbating.

Obviously he's got an issue but it seems to be more non-criminal to me. More reputation and NFL suspension stuff.

14 minutes ago, oldschool said:

He doesn't have to be charged or convicted of anything for the league to come down on him like a ton of bricks under conduct clauses. They just sat somebody for a year for placing legal bets.

2 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

He doesn't have to be charged or convicted of anything for the league to come down on him like a ton of bricks under conduct clauses. They just sat somebody for a year for placing legal bets.

True, but oldschool never denied that. He's specifically addressing my claim that there might be a danger of criminal charges, which is a separate matter. I think the lawyer is emphasizing a legal point....the same one made above, which is that there's nothing illegal about a handjob, even at a massage parlor, as long as no one was paid for it. If they try criminal charges, he's going to argue it's a he said/she said situation, and there's no way to prove coercion, much less prostitution. 

28 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

The fact his own lawyer was making the arguments he was previewed something bad 

Actually, I heard that it's simply consistent with what Watson's always said and that it's pretty meaningless. Make sure you don't misconstrue or his lawyer was saying.

2 minutes ago, Alcibiades said:

True, but oldschool never denied that. He's specifically addressing my claim that there might be a danger of criminal charges, which is a separate matter. I think the lawyer is emphasizing a legal point....the same one made above, which is that there's nothing illegal about a handjob, even at a massage parlor, as long as no one was paid for it. If they try criminal charges, he's going to argue it's a he said/she said situation, and there's no way to prove coercion, much less prostitution. 

Seems to me that his lawyer admitted criminal intent when he said Watson was looking for a happy ending.

The New York Times also reported that the non-disclosure agreement that Watson gave to some of the women to sign came from the Texans' director of security, Brent Naccara. The Times reports that the NDA was in Watson's locker at NRG Stadium days after a woman posted Watson's phone number on Instagram.

That’s an interesting line if the NFL decides to follow it. 

3 minutes ago, ctm said:

Seems to me that his lawyer admitted criminal intent when he said Watson was looking for a happy ending.

Unfortunately, I don't think so. When I say he's trying to avoid criminal charges, that's what I mean. I think oldschool thought I meant that such charges would stick. I don't necessarily think they will. I think Watson's lawyer is preparing the press for a dismissal of anything criminal on grounds that there's no way to prove coercion, and that it isn't illegal to get a happy ending, as long as it wasn't specifially paid for. 

25 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

I will say that proving forcible hand jobs is a much harder thing to prosecute criminally as opposed to more traditional sexual assault incidents that result in prosecution.  Likewise, him jerking off on a masseuse raises the inevitable question of why they didn't stop the session once Watson started masturbating.

Obviously he's got an issue but it seems to be more non-criminal to me. More reputation and NFL suspension stuff.

This is spot on. Obviously Watson is into kink shit. All these boomers probably have no idea what goes on on onlyfans, tiktok, and Instagram to name a few. 

Edited by oldschool

14 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

Where did I say otherwise? I'm strictly talking about the legal system.

3 minutes ago, Alcibiades said:

Unfortunately, I don't think so. When I say he's trying to avoid criminal charges, that's what I mean. I think oldschool thought I meant that such charges would stick. I don't necessarily think they will. I think Watson's lawyer is preparing the press for a dismissal of anything criminal on grounds that there's no way to prove coercion, and that it isn't illegal to get a happy ending, as long as it wasn't specifially paid for. 

He was hiring someone(s) with the intent of getting a happy ending.

1 minute ago, ctm said:

He was hiring someone(s) with the intent of getting a happy ending.

You know the argument.

"I didn't plan on getting sexual favors but she was attracted to me and I was to her so it happened between consenting adults. She even finished the session and then I booked her again without an issue"

That's the whole argument.