Deshaun Watson Suspended 11 Games and Fined $5M (UPDATE 10/13: Another Lawsuit Has Been Filed)

SirLanceALot

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's where you and your wife stand at opposite ends of the house and yell FU@K Y0U!!!!  

I can guarantee Mariota isn't going to have multiple women come forward with these allegations against him!!!!

I need to see pictures of these women before I decide who is telling the truth.

Posted Images

The article by Robinson was a good read.  One can see how it was problematic for this to result in a criminal indictment.  Watson may be a dirt bag but IMO he found a pretty nice loop hole of reasonable doubt in his actions.  This is why it will go the civil route where the burden of proof isn't the same.

As for the HPD detective, yikes. 

On 6/15/2022 at 2:16 PM, Jamalisms said:

Detective Baker’s credibility is shot the moment she testified she assumes a the accused is guilty of a crime and it’s up to the accused to prove his innocence. That’s not the way our system is set up. 

12 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

Detective Baker’s credibility is shot the moment she testified she assumes a the accused is guilty of a crime and it’s up to the accused to prove his innocence. That’s not the way our system is set up. 

That's not the way it's set up with the actual court case. I'm unclear that it's an inappropriate way for an investigator to consider things as they try to determine whether or not to seek charges. And I suspect it will drive a lot more in a civil trial than criminal proceedings.

Detectives don't have time to give accused the benefit of the doubt, they take accusers at their word unlesst there's obvious discrepancies and start investigating and then let the evidence determine whether there's adequete evidence to charge or if the evidence shows innocence. Their job is to gather evidence. That's why there's criminal penalties for filing false reports. It's courts that are supposed to assume innocence. This is a lawyer playing semantics games. 

When you consider that the first accuser wanted $100k from Watson's team and when they insulted her it opened the floodgates for 22 other accusers. If this settlement report is true, Watson team's arrogance, disrespectfulness or disbelief that he would be involved in this shady behavior will cost him millions. If the allegations are true, he will not be pulling this BS on unsuspecting massage therapists. However, I can't help but think the lawyers are the winners in this settlement.

My guess is that plenty of the claims are pretty flimsy in terms of evidence and being able to survive cross examination in a civil trial.  One would assume the 4 unsettled cases are the ones with some more damning details hence a bigger price tag to settle.

Guarantee the slimy Haslam's told Watson to make this go away.

Edited by BudsOilers

On 6/22/2022 at 9:33 AM, BudsOilers said:

My guess is that plenty of the claims are pretty flimsy in terms of evidence and being able to survive cross examination in a civil trial.  One would assume the 4 unsettled cases are the ones with some more damning details hence a bigger price tag to settle.

Guarantee the slimy Haslam's told Watson to make this go away.

Jimmy Haslam is the absolute worst. 

Well, second worst. Daniel Snyder is the worst. 

• SirLanceALot changed the title to Deshaun Watson Suspended 11 Games and Fined $5M (UPDATE 10/13: Another Lawsuit Has Been Filed)