Titans Sign Janoris Jenkins

Jonboy

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol. Has anyone seen Jenkins play? He is still a good corner and is fine to start for a year or two. Saints fans were not happy he was cut

He almost has more TD's than Corey Davis, and last year he had more interceptions than Adoree's whole career. 

He's GONNA love Titan fans.....My new favorite player    

Posted Images

On 3/18/2021 at 9:09 AM, Mythos27 said:

That's the thing about these really fast guys coming out of college even when they "get old" they're still faster than most players on the field. What usually really slows these guys down is lower body injuries they never recover from rather than just "being old". From what I know if Jenkins, he's been able to mostly avoid those kind of injuries. 

Ive always said that. The guys who play forever & at a pro bowl level almost always were sub 4.4 guys. Think guys like Darrell Green, both Woodsons (Rod & Charles), Deion,, just a few off the top of my head. All were still premier players in their late 30’s & probably still ran in the 4.4’s after losing a step or 2.  All of these guys except for Charles, and even him to a degree, came out before the combine became what it is & guys trained for the specific events but these guys were in rare air. There’s a good chance Deion & Green were the fastest 2 players ever but if I could draw up the perfect corner it would be Rod Woodson, He’s not quite as fast as these 2 but he was very close & was built like a brick shithouse. Dude was 6’1 about 210-212 ripped ti shreds. He was a shutdown man corner & physical force as a tackler & run player. 

Even WR, look at some of those old deep threats that played close to 40 like James Lofton, Irving Fryar, and Henry Ellard. All absolute burners. DeSean Jackson also to a degree.

9 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Still no contract details?

Have to think it’s a solid deal for the Titans then. Otherwise, I feel like his agent would’ve already shared it. 

It's bizarre. His signing is official. That generally means the contract has been approved and entered into the system. I keep checking Aaron Wilson's Twitter feed for it, expecting it to be there, and it's not there. I don't get it.

12 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Still no contract details?

Have to think it’s a solid deal for the Titans then. Otherwise, I feel like his agent would’ve already shared it. 

I think it’s probably not that cheap. Everyone is just waiting for it to show up on Spotrac...