2021 NFL Free Agency: Rumor Mill

titanskick8851

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speaking of WR though, I am starting to wonder what the Titans are looking to do there.   I know I joked about Juju, but I honestly think they are probably interested at the right price. I 

On radio today Jim Wyatt absolutely rubbished this story he said Westbrook-Ikhine is closer to WR 5 or 6 and fighting for his roster spot than he is being WR2.   Wyatt also said he expected

Davis has been awesome for over 20 games now. its not a small sample size at all.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Wyatt chimes in: "18% of Corey Davis' TD receptions have been game winners. That's tied for 5th best all-time, and #1 in the league since 2017 for WR's who've caught between 10 and 12 touchdowns."

Corey davis was a really good receiver and his production/impact won't be as easily replaced as some think. Book it.

9 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Speaking of WR though, I am starting to wonder what the Titans are looking to do there.

I know I joked about Juju, but I honestly think they are probably interested at the right price. I  think he's a better fit here than most on TR seem to think. The attitude/diva stuff is way overblown with him. He's a willing blocker and good overall teammate. He'll go inside or outside and does the little things well. He also had his most success playing in the slot when Antonio Brown was on the outside.

For the right price, I'd be fine with it and could see him as an upgrade to Humphries. I was afraid he was going to get some huge contract on name recognition alone, but as time goes one, I wonder if he's starting to look at one of these smaller one year deals. Now if we pay him to some huge deal close to what Davis got? Then I'd be annoyed.

I also wonder if they aren't seriously considering Will Fuller. Obviously he'd give us deep speed we haven't seen in years. I'm just not sure it's worth the risk though given how injured he tends to be. Of course, it always depends on the contract. For the right price, he'd certainly be worth the gamble because you know what he can do when healthy.

If the Titans miss on both of those guys though, then we start to move into that lower tier WR group with guys like Keelan Cole, Rashard Higgins, Sammy Watkins, etc. Patterson could be an option if they want to really bolster our return game.

Obviously we don't have to fill the slot, outside WR, and return man all in FA, especially when you consider how deep the draft is there, but hopefully they can add 1 or 2 solid vets to the mix on cheap deals in FA.

Juju is a great fit. It'll all be about money with him and I don't think he'll take significantly less than Davis would've cost but we'll see if this market can help us out a little. Only problem with JuJu is he doesn't bring that dynamic speed the offense needs. We can draft that though.

Edited by Mythos27

17 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Speaking of WR though, I am starting to wonder what the Titans are looking to do there.

I know I joked about Juju, but I honestly think they are probably interested at the right price. I  think he's a better fit here than most on TR seem to think. The attitude/diva stuff is way overblown with him. He's a willing blocker and good overall teammate. He'll go inside or outside and does the little things well. He also had his most success playing in the slot when Antonio Brown was on the outside.

For the right price, I'd be fine with it and could see him as an upgrade to Humphries. I was afraid he was going to get some huge contract on name recognition alone, but as time goes one, I wonder if he's starting to look at one of these smaller one year deals. Now if we pay him to some huge deal close to what Davis got? Then I'd be annoyed.

I also wonder if they aren't seriously considering Will Fuller. Obviously he'd give us deep speed we haven't seen in years. I'm just not sure it's worth the risk though given how injured he tends to be. Of course, it always depends on the contract. For the right price, he'd certainly be worth the gamble because you know what he can do when healthy.

If the Titans miss on both of those guys though, then we start to move into that lower tier WR group with guys like Keelan Cole, Rashard Higgins, Sammy Watkins, etc. Patterson could be an option if they want to really bolster our return game.

Obviously we don't have to fill the slot, outside WR, and return man all in FA, especially when you consider how deep the draft is there, but hopefully they can add 1 or 2 solid vets to the mix on cheap deals in FA.

Thankfully one of the WR holes can be filled in the draft, especially this year. If we sign a good slot then Bateman would be a fantastic fit out wide or someone like Tylan Wallace would be a good round 3 plug and play guy. Terrace Marshall or Dyami Brown would be good fits too but they're much less polished. If we sign an outside receiver in FA then Elijah Moore, Rondale Moore, Amon Ra St. Brown, or Amari Rodgers would all be great slot options in year 1.

However, I think slot should be a lower priority given how little we actually use a 3rd WR.

Edited by BTiger3733

1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

I’d be good with JuJu 

4 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

Honestly which game winners and playoffs are you referring to? 

Corey Davis has 3 fourth quarter touchdowns in 56 motherfucking games. 

He has 3 playoff touchdowns (none last year of course.)

2 of those playoff touchdowns came in 2017.

We're talking about 11 TDs in 4 years here man. 1 of those could be considered a "game winner"

Here's literally ALL of his TD's. Only a couple mins long lmfao

He had two TDs from Mariota against the Pats. TD against Baltimore from Henry. Eagles overtime was a game winner. Can’t think of another though. 

- Nevermind. This has already been covered.

Edited by japan

• Jonboy unpinned this topic