2021 NFL Free Agency: Official Agreements and Signings

titanskick8851

1 hour ago, ChemEngr79 said:

Douglas was god awful anytime he got snaps. 

Addition by subtraction here...

Yeah, but they are going to need another backup IOL now. Brewer seems like a lock as one of those guys, but they are going to need another.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did the Patriots hire Kyle?

Please, Titans...    

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Yeah, but they are going to need another backup IOL now. Brewer seems like a lock as one of those guys, but they are going to need another.

They have to come away with one with one of the 9 draft picks 

32 minutes ago, tgo said:

They have to come away with one with one of the 9 draft picks 

They could just sign a veteran backup OL. I doubt they would want to rely on a 6th round pick to start if something bad happens.

10 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Agreed. I suspect it will be a day 3 pick or UDFA. Either way the new guy will have potential competence that Douglas clearly lacks.

15 hours ago, Starkiller said:

They could just sign a veteran backup OL. I doubt they would want to rely on a 6th round pick to start if something bad happens.

That can be said for any position though. If they feel Brewer is the primary backup G/C, they may not sign another vet unless there's an injury mid-season. 

22 minutes ago, cenj said:

That can be said for any position though. If they feel Brewer is the primary backup G/C, they may not sign another vet unless there's an injury mid-season. 

Certainly possible. Last year Douglas was the only vet backup IOL.

But I think they will want a veteran backup C even if they are OK with an unproven guard. Not sure they are OK leaving that up to Brewer.

I suspect Brewer is the back up at center.. if he can gain some muscle and weight.(. 278 won’t cut it over a season) .. so with Saffold getting older, this draft will find his replacement.. someone to play Left guard going forward..

45 minutes ago, Nash said:

I suspect Brewer is the back up at center.. if he can gain some muscle and weight.(. 278 won’t cut it over a season) .. so with Saffold getting older, this draft will find his replacement.. someone to play Left guard going forward..

Willing to bet Brewer ends up around 290-295 to start the season. He is going to have an actual team facility to work out at and will be on an NFL strength and meal program. I saw enough last year to think he will end up being a future starter at OG or C.

10 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

Willing to bet Brewer ends up around 290-295 to start the season. He is going to have an actual team facility to work out at and will be on an NFL strength and meal program. I saw enough last year to think he will end up being a future starter at OG or C.

Agreed. He looked surprisingly serviceable last year in place of Saffold even playing at ~275lbs.

Good signing for the Eagles here. If we didn't re-sign Brown, he would've been who I would have wanted us to go after.

I do wonder that now with Schwartz on board if we see a slight change at LB with having more sideline-to-sideline guys rather than having a thumper like Evans in the middle. 

13 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Good signing for the Eagles here. If we didn't re-sign Brown, he would've been who I would have wanted us to go after.

I do wonder that now with Schwartz on board if we see a slight change at LB with having more sideline-to-sideline guys rather than having a thumper like Evans in the middle. 

If Schwartz was the DC maybe.... some of you are way overreacting to the Schwartz news.

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

If Schwartz was the DC maybe.... some of you are way overreacting to the Schwartz news.

Haha ya, it's not like the Titans are moving to the wide 9. 

Like I said previously, it will be minor tinkering with third down packages and making recommendations on play calling and what not. I was reading that he had also switched to heavy man coverage in recent years, which is much different than his days in Tennessee. There's more philosophical alignment here than one would think just at the surface level.  

• Jonboy unpinned this topic