2021 NFL Free Agency: Official Agreements and Signings

titanskick8851

Just now, Mythos27 said:

He was the best pure pass rusher on the market. I want guys that actually get the QB on the ground. It really is that simple. 

Yeah, but his run defense is suspect.  You know how much emphasis we put on that.  That being said, BAL which sort of knows about developing EDGE rushers didn't bother to bring him back.  That's a big red flag to me along with the 4 clubs in 7 months thing that tgo noted.

Plus the Raiders aren't the best judge for quality FA signings, that's another topic though.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did the Patriots hire Kyle?

Please, Titans...    

Posted Images

Just now, rns90 said:

Yeah, but his run defense is suspect.  You know how much emphasis we put on that.  That being said, BAL which sort of knows about developing EDGE rushers didn't bother to bring him back.  That's a big red flag to me along with the 4 clubs in 7 months thing that tgo noted.

Plus the Raiders aren't the best judge for quality FA signings, that's another topic though.

He had 8 sacks last year despite moving around and has had at least 8 sacks since the day he was drafted. Aside from that the most outrageous thing I've read about him is his back and forth with the Jags on twitter when he wanted to be traded and apparently there was some bad blood there. Seems to me like the Vikings were trying to go all in last year and then decided to get what they could from moving him once they realized it wasn't happening and that they would likely not have the money to give him a new deal. Ravens are also letting Judon walk and I'm not taking that as an indication he's problematic so why should I assume Yannick is?

Bottom line is We haven't had a guy that can get the QB on the ground 8x per year since I can remember so I don't see the problem with wanting someone who has proven he can can consistently, across 3 different teams/schemes and is still in his prime. Clowney was "good against the run" look what that got us. Sackers get sacks. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic