Titans Release Malcolm Butler

tgo

Good move, had to be done unfortunatley. Time for Fulton to step up. Which he should be expected to, a consensus 1st round talent heading into his second season as the #2 corner. We should be fine.

Side note, anyone who thinks Jonnu Smith is more important to this team than Adoree Jackson doesn't understand football.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now cut Adoree. 

I know it was a cap move, but it sucks since Butler was the best player they had on D last year. He really did an excellent job at CB.

He was never coming back with that cap hit this was one of the easiest offseason moves to predict.

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, NFL2K5 said:

Malcolm Butler is a good corner. I think Adoree is good. But is Fulton? We hope he turns out good. Imo we should have held onto Butler 1 more year. Finding a good corner isn't easy & I think Malcolm actually lived up to his contract pass few years. What standout corners are gonna hit the free agency market or is even in the draft? We lack pass rushers and we lack receivers and we lack Corners. Atleast holding onto Malcolm we have depth and know what we have. Would have been one less position we needed to worry about. Adoree, Malcolm and Fulton. Now we need corners, Pass rushers, receivers. We aren't gonna fix all three positions in one off-season. We need to capitalize on Tannehill and Henry's youth And win now...Not start rebuilding around guys in their 30s and back end of their 20s. 

You need to rely on rookie and young players to develope. The staff who has seen what Fulton can do obviously feel he can hold down a spot. The market has starting caliber players available. I expect they sign a vet CB and potentially draft at the position. 

The way you talk end up with a situation like NO. You build through the draft and sign to compliment your stars. You don't just resign everyone and put yourself in cap hell. 

While both are fast, Neither Adoree nor Fulton have length or size/physicality.

We could struggle on the boundaries or with physical passing attacks.  Neither are strong tacklers either.

They better look at resigning King or someone of his ilk.

Still I’m on the “pass rush is more important than coverage” camp, so they better use the money they freed up accordingly.

Always had mixed feelings about him. Seemed like a good guy, chippy but not too over the top. Of course there was the occasional let a guy beat him over the top for a deep ball TD then talk shit the next drive when the guy drops a ball and he's even just close to the play ha. I think we got a good run out of him though and he played hard. Kudos.

13 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Think Butler would be interested in coming back on a cheaper deal?

Watching Rapoport on NFL Total Access today he said the Titans never offered Butler the chance to restructure his deal this was an outright cut, would have to think they have no interest in him returning as they want to get younger/cheaper at the position.

37 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I think the situations were very different. Butler gave up a lot of receptions because the D had him intentionally giving up lots of routes underneath the secondary. He got beaten pretty badly vs the Vikings early on, but otherwise he held his own well.