Jayon Brown the Root of Communication Issue on Defense?

tgo

“Buck Reising mentioned on his new 104.5 The Zone show on Friday that people inside of St. Thomas Sports Park say that Jayon Brown is overvalued in this defense. In fact, he mentioned that part of the problem with the Titans defense in 2020 was the fact that Jayon couldn’t take charge while wearing the green dot. This was the first time I had heard anything like that.”

Edited by tgo

• tgo changed the title to Jayon Brown the Root of Communication Issue on Defense?
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Draft Zaven Collins.....problem solved.

I discussed it before, but with all the allusion to communication issues, it has to have been one of the LBers at the root of it, maybe along with Byard learning a new defense as he was making the sec

Brown is a good linebacker, but the communication issues were evident from day one. No one stepped up in all three tiers where we lost our leadership with Casey on the line, Woodyard with the LBs, and

26 minutes ago, tgo said:

He’d be more of a replacement for Evans though I would think.

Honestly I would see Collins as more of a replacement for Landry. You flip Landry over to the right side where he can use his speed against RT more effectively. Collins is the guy you rush/drop into zone as they so often did with Landry.

They need quicker sideline to sideline ILBs. I don’t think Collins fits that mold. He will have more success outside.

49 minutes ago, tgo said:

“Buck Reising mentioned on his new 104.5 The Zone show on Friday that people inside of St. Thomas Sports Park say that Jayon Brown is overvalued in this defense. In fact, he mentioned that part of the problem with the Titans defense in 2020 was the fact that Jayon couldn’t take charge while wearing the green dot. This was the first time I had heard anything like that.”

Not sure about this as it always seemed to be in the right place but maybe there were some issues with communication. One thing for sure, Buck Reising is really going to look like a hero or zero with these Davis is re-signing takes along with this about Jayon.

Random thought re FA: what if when Robinson said he was trying to bring back a couple of our guys, one of them is either Da’Quan Jones or Desmond King on the cheap. I doubt this - most likely it’s 2 of the big 3, but who knows. 

I guess we will find out soon enough. 

I like Collins too.  I also like Garret Wallow out of TCU in that role a bit later in the draft. 

There are really lots of guys in the draft that match what the Titans do on D.  I like the Jones replacement with a couple guys around 100 - Shelvin LSU and Bobby Brown Texas A&M.  Or McNeill NCST around 50.

I like Smith's replacement at TE like everyone else Tremble at 85 to 100 but I also like Eubanks UM about 100 spots later at TE.

Edge seems pretty stacked to around pick 100 just depends on what you want.

CBs and WRs can be found late this year it seems.  Tre Brown OU is interesting.

I like 4 IOL starting around 100  and going to 200 in Meinerz, Moore - Grambling, Jones MTSU and Eiland MSU.

FA and cuts will determine what the Titans do in the draft but it seems the draft is supplying more options than usual this year.

20 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Not sure about this as it always seemed to be in the right place but maybe there were some issues with communication. One thing for sure, Buck Reising is really going to look like a hero or zero with these Davis is re-signing takes along with this about Jayon.

I think the Titans intent is clear.  They want to keep both Davis and Smith if possible.  Whether JRob can pull it off remains to be seen.

27 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Honestly I would see Collins as more of a replacement for Landry. You flip Landry over to the right side where he can use his speed against RT more effectively. Collins is the guy you rush/drop into zone as they so often did with Landry.

They need quicker sideline to sideline ILBs. I don’t think Collins fits that mold. He will have more success outside.

Both aka multiple

Some of us have been saying he’s been way overrated on this site and he probably wouldn’t be resigned. This call issue is the cherry on top...(this is assuming that the horrible Reising isn’t just making shit up which is a possibility.)

Edited by japan

Brown is a good linebacker, but the communication issues were evident from day one. No one stepped up in all three tiers where we lost our leadership with Casey on the line, Woodyard with the LBs, and Logan with the secondary. It can’t be all on Brown, but the lack of leadership and communication was obviously a huge problem. 

None of us have any clue how good or bad Jayon is about communication or relaying calls. We only know we have seen him on the field and he has been an excellent LB (though a bit disappointing last year). 

We have also heard that Evans was the problem with communicating as he had the green dot. And I totally believe this. 

Maybe the answer is to re-sign Brown, give Long the green dot, and move Evans to OLB where he can be a pass rusher.