Cardinals Signing JJ Watt to 2-yr Deal Worth $31M w/ $23M Guaranteed

Jonboy

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The idea Watt turned down more money or similar offers could easily be coming from Watt's agent

I would have been PISSED  if we paid that much for him. 

Does anyone truly believe it wasn't just about the money? It's insane how much goodwill this guy has earned for nothing more than Hurricane relief (any superstar could've raised just as much money)

It makes no sense why everyone just always gives him the benefit of the doubt

11 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Does anyone truly believe it wasn't just about the money? It's insane how much goodwill this guy has earned for nothing more than Hurricane relief (any superstar could've raised just as much money)

It makes no sense why everyone just always gives him the benefit of the doubt

Then make a list of the superstars that ACTUALLY did raise money for Hurricane relief.  Then make a list of the superstars that DID NOT do it.  The ability to do something isn't the same thing as actually doing something.  

This is like that highschool burnout saying "I could ace all my tests if I wanted to" but fails everything and can't hold a job.  

1 hour ago, CreepingDeath said:

Then make a list of the superstars that ACTUALLY did raise money for Hurricane relief.  Then make a list of the superstars that DID NOT do it.  The ability to do something isn't the same thing as actually doing something.  

This is like that highschool burnout saying "I could ace all my tests if I wanted to" but fails everything and can't hold a job.  

So you think or care that the Houston relief is the reason he’s a media darling and people are naive as hell to his bullshit?

Houston could get nuked for all I care, someone raising some money for a cause isn’t going to make me believe he’s some humble dude.

Let me guess, you actually think he had to Google what do millionaires buy because money was some new concept to him? I assume you also think he lives in some cabin in WI (when in reality it’s probably one of the more expensive lake houses in the entire state)

And LOL at anyone actually believing he truly earned this much goodwill that people adore him for through charitable donations and raising money on behalf of others. I was just saying that’s probably one of the truly honest and good deeds he’s done but everyone acts like he’s some savior.

Lebron is likely exponentially more charitable but whenever he opens his mouth, people tell him to “shut up and dribble”

Edited by wiscotitansfan

1 hour ago, wiscotitansfan said:

So you think or care that the Houston relief is the reason he’s a media darling and people are naive as hell to his bullshit?

Houston could get nuked for all I care, someone raising some money for a cause isn’t going to make me believe he’s some humble dude.

Let me guess, you actually think he had to Google what do millionaires buy because money was some new concept to him? I assume you also think he lives in some cabin in WI (when in reality it’s probably one of the more expensive lake houses in the entire state)

I'm not arguing that people in general are stupid.  I just think that taking away from what someone has done because "anyone" could do it is dumb.  

You bringing up his stupid comments shows you just really don't like Watt and have an ax to grind.  

3 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

And LOL at anyone actually believing he truly earned this much goodwill that people adore him for through charitable donations and raising money on behalf of others. I was just saying that’s probably one of the truly honest and good deeds he’s done but everyone acts like he’s some savior.

Lebron is likely exponentially more charitable but whenever he opens his mouth, people tell him to “shut up and dribble”

Watt privilege!

I do, however, think that Watt's charitable acts are non-political whereas LeBron waded into some areas where his views were somewhat hypocritical - his stance on Hong Kong/China human rights was very different than his views on human rights in the USA......

1 hour ago, CreepingDeath said:

I'm not arguing that people in general are stupid.  I just think that taking away from what someone has done because "anyone" could do it is dumb.  

You bringing up his stupid comments shows you just really don't like Watt and have an ax to grind.  

Of course I have an ace to grind. It’s literally why I brought up the dumbasses who are too dumb to look through his bullshit. Remember 2 weeks ago when he said it was about winning and money came 3rd? Everyone says that but everyone knows it’s BS speak, why do people act differently with Watt when it played out exactly like every other FA with the same story?

3 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Of course I have an ace to grind. It’s literally why I brought up the dumbasses who are too dumb to look through his bullshit. Remember 2 weeks ago when he said it was about winning and money came 3rd? Everyone says that but everyone knows it’s BS speak, why do people act differently with Watt when it played out exactly like every other FA with the same story?

I'm not sure who you are directing this at.  Is there someone here at TR that is acting differently towards Watt?  If you are talking about randos in internetland, then, well, that's just how it goes out there.  

12 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

I'm not sure who you are directing this at.  Is there someone here at TR that is acting differently towards Watt?  If you are talking about randos in internetland, then, well, that's just how it goes out there.  

No. I was just stating people in general. It’s ridiculous how much love the dude gets when in reality 99% of every other athlete would get ridiculed or their eyes rolled at all the way to China if they did or said the stupid shit he has. I brought up Houston because I legitimately think it’s the biggest thing he’s done outside being a great player, and yet all he really did was stick his face on a gofundme. Sure, other athletes didn’t help out to the extent he did for Houston but there have been plenty of athletes over the years that have put their face on charities that have contributed just as much, if not much more, and it was never worshipped like him.

I’m not sure why you’re clinging so much to me venting about the naive idiots (and there are countless of them and responses to shock that he went with the money shows that)

Edited by wiscotitansfan

3 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

No. I was just stating people in general. It’s ridiculous how much love the dude gets when in reality 99% of every other athlete would get ridiculed or their eyes rolled at all the way to China if they did or said the stupid shit he has. I brought up Houston because I legitimately think it’s the biggest thing he’s done outside being a great player, and yet all he really did was stick his face on a gofundme. Sure, other athletes didn’t help out to the extent he did for Houston but there have been plenty of athletes over the years that have put their face on charities that have contributed just as much, if not much more, and it was never worshipped like him.

I’m not sure why you’re clinging so much to me venting about the naive idiots (and there are countless of them and responses to shock that he went with the money shows that)

I wouldn't say it is clinging so much as responding.  I mean, why post something if you don't want a reply?

I imagine he gets more attention than others for many reasons.  He was an outstanding player for the 4th largest US city.  He made highlight plays frequently.  I'd toss in that his skin color probably further boosted his standing in certain crowds, too.  Then he used this power to do a fundraiser (amongst other things).  

But if you just want to vent, that's fine.  Just don't "cling" back.  ;)