Jonboy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Baby come back!

And yet we've been told that getting rid of Casey was proof that JRob has no clue what he is doing

Casey should probably thank Robinson for keeping him paid an extra year by trading him by the looks of this turned out.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Justafan said:

People who make generalized statements about other people they've never met, based on nothing more than a single word typed anonymously on the internet... smdh.  Do yourself a favor Joel and go back to your bubble in Bellevue.  

He doesn’t live in Bellevue...it was  all a trick to throw us off! (No shit this is what he said a while back). 

18 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

He doesn’t live in Bellevue...it was  all a trick to throw us off! (No shit this is what he said a while back). 

That’s still some of the most silly backtracking I have witnessed on this board. 

Although, this one is pretty good. I was honestly surprised he didn’t hit @CaliTitan3518 with the ignore because @JoelinBellevue was wrong. 

7 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

I am rarely wrong about assholes that scream racist over the slightest thing. 

Rarely wrong isn't never wrong.  It's a mental shortcut based on assumptions and experience which leads us to the wrong conclusion more often than most of us would like to admit.  

I pointed out the fallacy in what you said, not in what I think you meant.  That would be the difference.  

By the way, I'm not calling anyone a "racist" but claiming "my assumption is usually right about assholes", as you did here, is exactly the defense a racist would use to justify their toxic behavior.  Again, I say that not to allude to anything but instead to point out the holes in your logic.  

Good luck Joel.  I hope you figure it out over there in Bellevue.  

10 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

I am rarely wrong about assholes that scream racist over the slightest thing. 

Did you ever accept that faceguarding isn't illegal in the NFL or are you going to double down on that error yet again instead of being reasonable?

20 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Pay attention genius. I said I do not live there anymore. Another typical educated fool that cannot follow or comprehend.  There is no fallacy in what I said. I stated an opinion. If you disagree fine, but trying to label my thinking as being racist is idiotic and shallow. I don't care what color you are, distracting and using the venue of the National Anthem is just pathetic.  What if everyone that had some kind of axe to grind did that?  It was a bad action by Casey and others. Still is. You want to hold a press conference away from the Titans complex to vent your frustrations then have at it.  Don't abuse something revered by most people, just because you aren't happy. 

Perhaps you take joy Perhaps they don't go over this stuff in the Bellevue education system.  No worries.

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-a-heuristic-2795235

While heuristics can speed up our problem and the decision-making process, they can introduce errors. As you saw in the examples above, heuristics can lead to inaccurate judgments about how common things occur and about how representative certain things may be.

Just because something has worked in the past does not mean that it will work again, and relying on an existing heuristic can make it difficult to see alternative solutions or come up with new ideas.

Heuristics can also contribute to things such as stereotypes and prejudice.6 Because people use mental shortcuts to classify and categorize people, they often overlook more relevant information and create stereotyped categorizations that are not in tune with reality.

More food for thought.

https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/common-logical-fallacies

5) The Hasty Generalization Fallacy

This fallacy occurs when someone draws expansive conclusions based on inadequate or insufficient evidence. In other words, they jump to conclusions about the validity of a proposition with some -- but not enough -- evidence to back it up, and overlook potential counterarguments. 

13 Players kneeled before games this past year:

Rodger Saffold, Nate Davis, Rashaan Evans, Jayon Brown, Amani Hooker, Kenny Vaccaro, David Long, Kristian Fulton, Tye Smith, Jeffery Simmons, Joshua Kalu, Isaiah Mack and MyCole Pruitt.

Many of these played a prominent role.  They will offer a contract to Brown, Long might be a starter, Fulton will have a bigger role, and Simmons is a key piece on defense they are building around.

Your entire premise has no merit in reality; it is based entirely on your own logical fallacy.  You can choose to ignore that, it's what most people who suffer from cognitive bias do, or you can open your eyes to what I'm trying to tell you.  I'm not really concerned either way, everyone will judge for themselves and nothing I say here is going to change you.

Edited by Justafan