John Clayton Names Titans Among Top 3 for Watt

Jonboy

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It'll be pretty easy to tell if Watt is washed up or not.    If he signs with TN, he's done. If he signs elsewhere, he'll dominate for a few more years.     At least that

@Jonboy Notice how Clayton mentioned Tennessee first in the tweet and the rendition of his radio comments also mentioned Tennessee first?    

How terrible the Titans were last year has nothing to do with JJ Watt not being the same player he once was.  Yea, they need help.  Desperately.  They can find something at least close to the same pro

Posted Images

Watt also has 14 batted passes the last 3 years to Myles Garrett’s 5. 

The truth is if you go strictly by production, he really is worth $15 mil a year. The leadership stuff is bullshit & is in 95% of the cases with signing vets. The bottomline is he provides all pro production while being doubled more then anybody. He’s worth huge money. I’m just not sure we’re in position to pay it. But I bet he’d help a good amount, that’s for sure.

13 minutes ago, Face said:

Watt also has 14 batted passes the last 3 years to Myles Garrett’s 5. 

The truth is if you go strictly by production, he really is worth $15 mil a year. The leadership stuff is bullshit & is in 95% of the cases with signing vets. The bottomline is he provides all pro production while being doubled more then anybody. He’s worth huge money. I’m just not sure we’re in position to pay it. But I bet he’d help a good amount, that’s for sure.

You still think he's an all pro? Seriously?

Tampa Bay just shutdown arguably the best QB and offense in the NFL with a bunch of guys that many on this board and in the media thought were overpaid aging vets.  

Ndamukong Suh

Antoine Winfield Jr

Jason Pierre Paul

Shaquill Barrett   

All of these guys were significant contributors to Tampa's defense. 

JJ Watt is still a dominant player but obviously he has had a lot of injuries the past few years.  I believe he is worth the risk.   Players like him don't come around very often and if he stays healthy, you have a true game changer to go with Simmons and Jones.       

Edited by Harvey_Specter

6 hours ago, Harvey_Specter said:

Tampa Bay just shutdown arguably the best QB and offense in the NFL with a bunch of guys that many on this board and in the media thought were overpaid aging vets.  

Ndamukong Suh

Antoine Winfield Jr

Jason Pierre Paul

Shaquill Barrett   

JJ Watt is still a dominant player but obviously he has had a lot of injuries the past few years.  I believe he is worth the risk.   Players like him don't come around very often and if he stays healthy, you have a true game changer to go with Simmons and Jones.       

Just FYI - Antoine Winfield Jr was a rookie and not an overpaid aging vet.  Barrett is only 28 as well and hardly a good comparison for Watt at this stage of their careers.

1 hour ago, Face said:

Probably not an all pro but he’s defiantly playing at a pro bowl level. No question.

You gotta be on the field to be a pro bowler.

Better to have a guy that plays pretty well for 16 (now 17) games rather someone who plays only 8 games at high level.

Especially at the salary Watt would eat up in a year as cash strapped as this.

People got stars in their eyes when they should be thinking MoneyBall this year.

7 hours ago, Harvey_Specter said:

Ndamukong Suh

Antoine Winfield Jr

Jason Pierre Paul

Shaquill Barrett   

Antoine Winfield Jr Is 22 years old and was a rookie this past season.

Edited by WG53

45 minutes ago, Jas said:

Just FYI - Antoine Winfield Jr was a rookie and not an overpaid aging vet.  Barrett is only 28 as well and hardly a good comparison for Watt at this stage of their careers.

exactly

12 hours ago, Harvey_Specter said:

Ndamukong Suh

Antoine Winfield Jr

Jason Pierre Paul

Shaquill Barrett   

Did.... did you think the Buccs had the Antoine Winfield from like 15 years ago?

In all seriousness though I agree guys like JPP and Suh would probably have been seen similarly by people doubting Watt - as aged vets whose best years are gone. The only thing I'd say to that is they seemed to stay healthy, which is most of the battle for these guys and most of the potential downside. If Watt plays the next two full seasons or close to it, he would probably live up to his money too.

On 2/28/2021 at 2:28 AM, Harvey_Specter said:

In all likelihood, even the Titans would have gotten a bunch of pressure on Mahomes.