Wentz traded to Indy

IrishTitansFan

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Carson Wentz hasn't gotten any worse. He's just always been mediocre.                

Well, much prefer they have Wentz than Stafford or Watson...

Barring a huge turnaround, Wentz is a terrible starting QB. Even Sam Bradford netted a first, the compensation proves the leagues valuation of Wentz, especially with Phillys high initial asking price

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

This isn't correct on March 19th $15 million of his 2022 salary becomes fully guaranteed.

I'm seeing $7M for 2022, and if he is cut before March 19 2022 then he wouldn't get that, so it would be 0 for the Colts. He doesn't have any guarantees salary left beyond 2021 so the Eagles absorbed all the dead money in the trade.

Edit: oh right, the 2022 becomes guaranteed this year March 19. In any case, he'd still be a net cap gain to cut in 2022 if it was done before March 19 2022.

Edited by OzTitan

I feel like the Colts got better.  Never a fan of Rivers.  Wentz had an MVP type season before being injured in 2017.

I think people underestimate how toxic the Eagles organization is.

Wentz is being reunited with Reich who was his OC when he had the MVP type year.  The Colts are a better team overall than the Eagles.

All in all, I expect the Colts to be a playoff team.  They also have a ton of cap space, so I am expecting them to make more moves this offseason.  If they work, I can see them being one of the best teams in the AFC.

I can also see this as being a colossal failure.  IF they were on Stafford and Carr, and this is their third choice, and Reich has history with Wentz, it would seem that even Reich isn't convinced he will be great.

Personally, I think the Colts missed a great opportunity to just tank this last year and draft a future franchise QB.  Rivers was never taking you to the promise land.  And, Wentz is no less of a gamble than a first round qb, given his recent play.