So who here is getting/has gotten a Covid vaccination?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had my two Moderna shots.  I was in the second wave because I work in public education.  The virus laid waste to our maskless school district.  Half my coworkers were out with it for extremely lo

I made my appointment yesterday to get my first one in 2 weeks. To vaccinate as many as possible is the only way we're getting a handle on this epidemic. 

Strange because I thought kids couldn't spread the virus in schools.. 

Posted Images

On 2/20/2021 at 8:52 PM, Yoshimitsu said:

I've had my two Moderna shots.  I was in the second wave because I work in public education.  The virus laid waste to our maskless school district.  Half my coworkers were out with it for extremely long amounts of time.  My principal is still fucked from it.  Really crazy, weird virus from what I've seen first hand.

Strange because I thought kids couldn't spread the virus in schools.. 

1 hour ago, patsplat said:

It's possible to open schools without being foolish about it

Absolutely. But unfortunately that possibility relies on cooperation of many people, many of whom refuse to wear masks and have been taking their kids to church, birthday parties, and soccer games. 

4 hours ago, MadMax said:

Wow..  I never thought I'd see my home county mentioned on this MB.  

I started listening to a top rated scify podcast called Limetown.  It's about the disappearance of 300 people in White County.  Tennessee is gaining popularity.

On 2/19/2021 at 11:39 AM, headhunter said:

I have a family member that just got his second shot. He's experiencing body aches and a fever. He's late 50s or 60 years old.

Do you know which shot, Pfizer or Moderna?

31 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I started listening to a top rated scify podcast called Limetown.  It's about the disappearance of 300 people in White County.  Tennessee is gaining popularity.

White County is a virtual metropolitan area compared to Perry.

I got 2nd dose today, no probs.  

I got it at Vanderbilt and I was amazed at the changes they made in three weeks.  They had about three times as many desks set up.  They sent me right over to sign in and get my shot.  The nurse was sitting there, bang, zoom to the waiting area.  They said they had worked on speeding up the process and are now doing 1400 vaccines per day!  You can just see how the government is tweaking the rollout.  Why they didn't have all this completely mapped out in November is beyond me.  We have computers and amazing people who could have easily mapped out vaccine distribution well ahead of time.

On 2/22/2021 at 2:21 PM, freakingeek said:

There's a few of us on here. @Pragidealist being another, or at least he used to be. I haven't talked to him in a few years. CTM used to live here too but doesn't anymore. 

I'm in the boro now.  I've already had both shots of Pfizer.  The second one knocked me on my ass for a day. I had a headache and slept all day. That seems to be the norm.     All good now. 

My parents just got their vaccinations and the incubation period or whatever it's called the 2 weeks after complete (was nice cuz it was just in time for my birthday last weekend). No clue when I will be eligible but a 32 year old in good health clearly isn't high on that list. Best case scenario I am able to be in a higher tier since I go into work everyday at an essential place that never shut down last year but I don't work on the factory lines or in the warehouses so I am far from actually needing it because of work.

Edited by wiscotitansfan
On 2/23/2021 at 6:35 PM, Number9 said:

I got 2nd dose today, no probs.  

.  Why they didn't have all this completely mapped out in November is beyond me.  We have computers and amazing people who could have easily mapped out vaccine distribution well ahead of time.

Trump......."The China virus will magically disappear."