Humphries to New England???

Johnson

25 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

The whole idea of an ALS "walk" is pretty hysterical.  I imagine there's more of them riding or scootering around....

The goal of the walk is to support those suffering by those who are healthy enough to walk or still alive. 

Most of the surviving families are walking without their loved ones because they're gone. 

Yeah I’m all for jokes and dark comedy but ALS I drive the line. It’s a terrible disease with no cure. These men and it seems like it only affects men were once big strong athletic guys one day then the next m go into wheelchairs, become fragile, and literally choke to death, a slow painful end. Shit is terrible and I feel bad for these guys. Cancer is cancer, you got a shot to survive and live a long life but this kills you and there is no cure. 

10 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

I hope you mofos never know someone that goes thru ALS. It's fucking terrible. This ain't Todd Heap running over his daughter. There's no choice in the matter. 

I have had family die from it, and it's the 10% or so mutation that's hereditary. Doesn't mean I can't laugh at some of the jokes

That being said, me and one of my brothers is adopted, so I don't have a chance at inheriting that gene and just need to wait to see if it shows up in my mom to see if my other brother has a 50/50 chance at it.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

6 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I have had family die from it, and it's the 10% or so mutation that's hereditary. Doesn't mean I can't laugh at some of the jokes

That being said, me and one of my brothers is adopted, so I don't have a chance at inheriting that gene and just need to wait to see if it shows up in my mom to see if my other brother has a 50/50 chance at it.

Oh I have a sadistic sense of humor too, but it's tough to laugh about the ALS walk I guess bc I walk it every year.