Why aren't there Transgender sports?

LongTimeFan

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why do you start threads just to rage?  Fuck you too, man.

Really not trying to be a polemicist here, but I suppose the way to too simplistic answer would be to eliminate differentiation between any form of sex.  Let all complete equally.   We know

The main issue is, why should it bother anyone else? Just let them live their life.   Conservatives are very interested in their own personal freedoms but don’t seem to want to respect other

Posted Images

The Olympics position is that transgender athletes can compete as women, if their testosterone levels are within a certain range

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_verification_in_sports#Transgender_athletes_2

Whether that's the solution remains to be seen.  Part of the issue is that an athlete may be assigned female at birth, identify as a woman i.e. not be transgender, and yet have a genetic condition that actually makes them functionally male from a competitive perspective.

It's a complicated issue.

35 minutes ago, patsplat said:

The Olympics position is that transgender athletes can compete as women, if their testosterone levels are within a certain range

Whether that's the solution remains to be seen.  Part of the issue is that an athlete may be assigned female at birth, identify as a woman i.e. not be transgender, and yet have a genetic condition that actually makes them functionally male from a competitive perspective.

Testosterone levels are probably the primary concern anyway. I don't see an issue outside of that.

1 hour ago, patsplat said:

Wtf do you mean that an athlete may be ASSIGNED female at birth?

If you have a penis, you are male. A vagina, female. 

6 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Did you not read the rest of the post?

I don't know why i'm even trying.....

You guys bend over backward trying to be politically correct despite science and facts staring you in the face. 

Biological facts and DNA cannot be reversed by hormone replacement and feelings. I dont give a shit if you want to amputate your organs or just identify as a trans. But when you insist on competing as a female in sports, thats total bullshit and harmful to women snd you know it. We know you know, its ok to say it.

For the record, every scientific study has shown that trans surgery results in no difference in happiness or suicide rate. And insisting that minors are able to make an informed decision on this is insane.

One of many liberal litmus tests that make no fucking sense...

30 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

If you knew anything about this issue, you'd know that I was referencing the facts of Caster Semenya.

6 minutes ago, patsplat said:

If you knew anything about this issue, you'd know that I was referencing the facts of Caster Semenya.

So are you for "transgender" males competing in female sports?

There shouldn't be any discussion. Born with a penis, boys team. Born with a vagina, girls team.

Nobody gives a shit you decided to chop anything off or take hormones or whatever. Go start a transgender sports league.  See who will go see that.

Edited by LongTimeFan

2 hours ago, patsplat said:

At the Olympic level, they should have had surgery and have hormone levels of that of their identified gender for no less than 6 months to a year. Obviously, that is not possible in high schools because surgery is almost never done under the age of 18.

To save time, I'll make my thoughts here clear:

Trans women are women.

I'm not going to be surprised if people disagree, but maybe it's not necessary to have a long thread of defensive bile.

Edited by patsplat