Jump to content

Titans - Draft Prospect Tracker


Recommended Posts

  • Jonboy pinned this topic
  • Jonboy unpinned this topic
  • Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all! Back again for another year of this. I’ll be keeping track of all the contact that Titans coaches/management/scouts have with upcoming NFL Draft prospects. With that said we are off to the

An interesting overview of Jenkins from: https://broadwaysportsmedia.com/2021-nfl-draft-top-100-big-board/?mc_cid=e8d70dfee7&mc_eid=07789b6b55   22. Teven Jenkins | OT | Oklahoma St

In the just released FA review video JRob mentioned they have already had zoom interviews with between 70-80 players these are not including guys from the Senior Bowl they met with in person.  

Posted Images

UnPinned posts
1 hour ago, ctm said:

Draft network: 

 

22. Gregory Rousseau  EDGE, Miami

53. Asante Samuel Jr.  CB, Florida State

85.  Dyami Brown  WR, North Carolina

100.  Tommy Tremble  TE, Notre Dame

126. Walker Little  OT, Stanford

166.  Wyatt Hubert  EDGE, Kansas State

205.  Robert Jones  IOL, Middle Tennessee

215.  Cade Johnson  WR, South Dakota State

232. Tay Gowan  CB, UCF

 

Not sure about Rousseau, but this is a haul man

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Receivers are so easy to find these days though. Every decent college team has 2-3 great receivers because of all the spread. Not to mention all the high school QBs and lanky RBs that converted in college. 

 

You literally just gotta find a guy who can run fast in a predicated pattern and catch the ball. There are a shiton of those.


That’s definitely a oversimplification of the position. And who are all these guys in the late rounds that you think become legit WR?

 

That is like saying oh well hey Patriots drafted Tom Brady in the 6th round, we should only invest in QBs that late because you know the college game has guys throwing for thousands of yards each year. For every Stefon Diggs and Tyreek Hill there is a Trevor Davis and DeAndre Smelter lol. Not saying you can’t get some value later at the position, but when you have the holes/depth issues we currently have you have to invest somewhat early in the position.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:


That’s definitely a oversimplification of the position. And who are all these guys in the late rounds that you think become legit WR?

 

That is like saying oh well hey Patriots drafted Tom Brady in the 6th round, we should only invest in QBs that late because you know the college game has guys throwing for thousands of yards each year. For every Stefon Diggs and Tyreek Hill there is a Trevor Davis and DeAndre Smelter lol. Not saying you can’t get some value later at the position, but when you have the holes/depth issues we currently have you have to invest somewhat early in the position.

They're a dime a dozen for a balanced "run first" team. We need this guy to catch it 60-70% of his targets, and those targets will likely be 50ish.

 

The impact is so small for us. We're talking about catching 35-40 passes. 2-3 per game here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

They're a dime a dozen for a balanced "run first" team. We need this guy to catch it 60-70% of his targets, and those targets will likely be 50ish.

 

The impact is so small for us. We're talking about catching 35-40 passes. 2-3 per game here. 

I disagree with your conclusion. The fact that the receiver will get fewer targets than normal means that he has to be even more explosive/predictive than usual when he is targeted. That's why we focus so much on guys who are YAC monsters. Your idea that we just need a guy that can catch the ball and do little else would lead to a stagnant offense. That said, I agree with you regarding this particular draft. There is no need to take one super early as there are guys who will be available on day 2 that can give us what we need.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be keeping an eye on the Miami pro day in about 8hrs time just to see who the Titans have in attendance might give a hint at whether a first round EDGE remains a possibility and just how high they are considering taking a TE.

 

So I will be keeping an eye on whether Vrabel is there on the field working out the 3 Miami EDGE prospects and whether JRob and Downing are there checking out TE Brevin Jordan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Good list. The draft hype on Walker little is so strong right now that it sounds like he won't make it past the 2nd. 

There are a few others on that list that probably won't make it to the spot that I drafted them. I doubt Tremble makes it to #100 for example.

 

And that's the problem with the draft network simulation.  After you run it a few times, you can figure out which players are underrated.  Little is one of them. Doubt he's available in the 4th round.  That makes the draft look good on paper.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, stormi said:

 

Not sure about Rousseau, but this is a haul man

 

I love Rousseau.  I think he's a potential home run, franchise changing pick, maybe not in 2021 as such, but down the road as his body further develops.  He's 6'7" and 265 lbs.

 

Look at what he did in 2019.  He was rated right behind Chase Young with 15.5 sacks and 18 TFLs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rousseau is the forgotten man. As the resident Canes fan, how often have I advocated for us to pick a UM player? Pretty much never. This is the first year where we have some legit players coming out that also have good heads on their shoulders: Greg Rousseau, Jaelan Phillips, Brevin Jordan, Quincy Roche, and don’t forget the kicker Jose Borregales. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, tgo said:

Rousseau is probably the most overrated player in the draft. 

Not at all if you view in the right context. He’s a 2nd rounder with a ton of upside and a strong year of production. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ctm said:

There are a few others on that list that probably won't make it to the spot that I drafted them. I doubt Tremble makes it to #100 for example.

 

And that's the problem with the draft network simulation.  After you run it a few times, you can figure out which players are underrated.  Little is one of them. Doubt he's available in the 4th round.  That makes the draft look good on paper.

I like some of the others that allow you to select certain analyst boards. They're clunky and ad choked though

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tgo said:

Rousseau is probably the most overrated player in the draft. 

Injury is a big concern. Also, this dude got most of his sacks against weak ass opponents. That schedule for Miami is soft. Duke? I didn't even know they had a football team lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...