Titans - Draft Prospect Tracker

• Jonboy pinned this topic
  • Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all! Back again for another year of this. I’ll be keeping track of all the contact that Titans coaches/management/scouts have with upcoming NFL Draft prospects. With that said we are off to the

An interesting overview of Jenkins from: https://broadwaysportsmedia.com/2021-nfl-draft-top-100-big-board/?mc_cid=e8d70dfee7&mc_eid=07789b6b55   22. Teven Jenkins | OT | Oklahoma St

I’ll continue beating the drum that Jaelan Phillips is one of the top talents. Regardless of injury. True 3 down potential, and the athletic testing today further solidifies it. 

Posted Images

UnPinned posts

What's interesting to me is the type of guys they are doing work on, especially at edge.  They are looking at a lot of gap control, set the edge type guys.  Not a lot of speed guys with bend.

Just one more indication that their philosophy is their philosophy and they aren't changing.  Gotta hope they find some pieces that fit.  

On 3/4/2021 at 7:47 PM, tgo said:

Greg Cosell really talking up Rashaan Evans today, said he's critical to what they do on defense. He did say that he imagines the Titans wish he was a bit better than he is, but that he's important to the defense. 

I think his option will get declined, but I bet they won't open up a hole at his spot this season. 

The fact is he’s an instinctive player. He’s downhill going 100 MPH. This scheme works with him if it allows him to blitz. His problem begins and ends with asking him to be a sideline to sideline type in a zone scheme where he’s reading plays. It’s simply not his style. 

As I’ve continued to say the personnel wasn’t used properly last year. When your thumper at MLB is a downhill guy while your scheme isn’t getting pressure then switch it up. They tried to do this at the end of the year and it resulted in more sacks per game. It also gives up bigger plays. Everything is about benefit and drawback. Right now our defense is out of sorts. I’ll try to make a thread about it at some point. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny
On 1/30/2021 at 1:46 PM, rns90 said:

Jones sounds like a good 3rd round pick to eventually replace Saffold.

Or even just rotate in at right. I know it's unpopular to draft linemen, but if I'm Jrob I'm drafting the strongest nastiest guards I can. We need to throw more fliers at small school mean motherfuckers.

On 3/4/2021 at 7:47 PM, tgo said:

Greg Cosell really talking up Rashaan Evans today, said he's critical to what they do on defense. He did say that he imagines the Titans wish he was a bit better than he is, but that he's important to the defense. 

I think his option will get declined, but I bet they won't open up a hole at his spot this season. 

When Evans is not tasked with mic and can just play loose and shoot gaps, he's a beast. In coverage or any kinda contain or zone - he falls apart. 

He's gonna get better as he matures mentally.

On 3/6/2021 at 1:07 AM, Justafan said:

What's interesting to me is the type of guys they are doing work on, especially at edge.  They are looking at a lot of gap control, set the edge type guys.  Not a lot of speed guys with bend.

Just one more indication that their philosophy is their philosophy and they aren't changing.  Gotta hope they find some pieces that fit.  

Maybe they see Landry as the speed guy.  And it's still early, hope they at least get a visit with a couple of these speed rushers that are expected to go high.

18 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Or even just rotate in at right. I know it's unpopular to draft linemen, but if I'm Jrob I'm drafting the strongest nastiest guards I can. We need to throw more fliers at small school mean motherfuckers.

I have no issue with Jrob drafting G in the mid rounds.  It's better than overpaying for them in FA (Saffold, even though he's been good and Kline).

13 hours ago, Righteous said:

It’s simple.  Pees asked the players to go 2-3 things really well.  It allowed our players to be instinctive and play loose.  Vrabel is asking players to do too much.  The playbook needs to be cutback.  Vrabel is being too smart for his own good to the detriment of the defense.

I don't think this is true. The Titans were less multiple under Bowen last year than under Pees, and Pees' defense is notoriously complex. I think the difference is Pees ability to teach and communicate it and his situation prowess/play calling. 

21 hours ago, Righteous said:

It’s simple.  Pees asked the players to go 2-3 things really well.  It allowed our players to be instinctive and play loose.  Vrabel is asking players to do too much.  The playbook needs to be cutback.  Vrabel is being too smart for his own good to the detriment of the defense.

I can't even remember the last time we ran just a simple stunt. Vrabel didn't learn much from Pees.

3 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Titans were in attendance at Quinn Meinerz pro day today.

Should I count this? I mean Wisconsin-Whitewater doesn’t have a lot of NFL prospects so obviously everyone was there to see him vs Northwestern where they have few prospects. 

1 minute ago, titanskick8851 said:

Should I count this? I mean Wisconsin-Whitewater doesn’t have a lot of NFL prospects so obviously everyone was there to see him vs Northwestern where they have few prospects. 

Yep this would indicate interest in Meinerz.

6 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Titans have met with Moore.

I know this is pointless and I said it last year but why the fuck do they list height without punctuation...

A 5111 guy should just be listed as 5'11" that 1/10 of an inch is just fucking dumb and makes no sense. And if they care why not type it right they don't do the same with hands or wing span...

• Jonboy unpinned this topic
  • Jonboy pinned this topic