NFL Free Agency Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

From SI.com last year:

“Why that's so interesting is because Hunter is under contract through the 2023 season. A major insider like Rapaport obviously knows that, so perhaps he worded the tweet that way with input from Hunter's agent. When healthy, the 25-year-old LSU product is one of the most dominant defensive players in the NFL, having become the youngest player to ever reach 50 career sacks. The five-year contract extension that he signed back in 2018, prior to really blowing up, is a massive bargain for the Vikings.

So yes, Hunter deserves a new deal that pays him what he's worth. But would the Vikings really give him an extension that makes him the highest-paid defensive player in the league right as he's returning from surgery on his neck? And on the flip side, would Hunter hold out and potentially demand a trade if the Vikings refused to do so? There's a lot of risk that would come with doling out a massive contract like that without seeing if he can be the same player post-surgery, and it doesn't seem like Hunter would have much leverage in that situation.“

184BE084-ED45-4F55-AAA0-D2B97B5CDBC9.jpeg

Edited by 2ToneTerror

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the releases starting, I might as well go on the record now and say I don’t think Adoree is nearly as safe as so many seem to think.    The Titans would free up $10 million by releasing

Don't need any FA RBs stealing carries from Darrynton Evans 

I’d rather have Davis than Fuller.

Posted Images

14 hours ago, rns90 said:

Incognito is old as hell though.  There are going to be more G available than starting spots.  Probably see some overpaid OT getting dumped soon.

Reese was still GM when Incognito came out. Who’d have thought that lunatic would have such a long career.  He’s the white Pacman...

Edited by japan

2 hours ago, scine09 said:

NFL.com ranked the free agents and had Cam Newton I think 25 ahead of both Jonnu Smith and Corey Davis.  What a joke.  

And they ranked Clowney in the teens.

It’s like they were basing these rankings on 2017 or something.

PFF has Clowney ranked high too. He’s actually the most disruptive edge available on the market down to down. More talented than any of the other players who will be available at edge (sans Von Miller if his contract is voided). 

The issue is he can’t stay healthy and his knee condition is degenerative. 

6 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

They’ll have to cut Kwon Alexander outright and unload at least one of their expensive corners and either unload or restructure one or two of their OL. 

8 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

No chance the Vikings accept a 2nd round pick for Hunter, his cap hits for any acquiring team would actually be $12.75M, $12.75M and $12.75M as the Vikings have already paid him a $15 million signing bonus.

When I first saw this I was thinking it would take our 1st and our comp 3rd. Maybe I am just being wishful though.

On 3/5/2021 at 2:41 PM, titanskick8851 said:

Don't think this happens, but no doubt Samuel is interesting. Would slot in as a better version of what we tried to do with Batson and Raymond at times. Could he be a #2? I would have my doubts.

I’ve watched him play and he’s pretty terrible. He isn’t a willing blocker and he runs sloppy routes. He’s good at boxing defenders out and high pointing. 

Going to be interesting to see if there is any official news on Corey Davis and Jonnu Smith before the franchise tag deadline expires in about 65hrs time, not entirely out of the question to see a Davis extension and a placeholder franchise tag (before continuing talks on a long term extension) for Smith happening over the next couple of days.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

• Jonboy unpinned this topic