Bowen officially named DC

ChesterCopperpot1

26 minutes ago, smokeater said:

I’ll turn it around and just say that’s another stat that indirectly shows just how productive the offense was to get to 11 wins and a division championship.  Many ways to win a SB, but none of them include being historically bad in one of the three phases of the game.  
The offense can not win every single game-occasionally the defense, especially in the playoffs, has to come through for a win.

Yet in the playoffs, the defense played well enough to win and the offense scored 13 points.....

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is there a more undeserving DC in the NFL? Look up Bowen's resume. He's a hanger on. Fuck Vrabel and his ego. It will be his downfall.

There is a huge difference from having a list of qualified people you have worked with and would work with again and going full on entourage like Vrabel has with Bowen. Bowen hasn't gotten anything do

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Yet in the playoffs, the defense played well enough to win and the offense scored 13 points.....

Admittedly, it’s a crazy game sometimes with few absolutes even though I kind of gave an absolute in my above post. Asking the defense to lock down the ravens was absolutely too much to ask in that situation though. 

Edited by smokeater

18 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Against a terrible QB passing the ball 

Anomaly

Had this team played the Bills or KC the defense would have been destroyed 

23 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Against a terrible QB passing the ball 

Anomaly

Don't disagree but in the context of the discussion, the offense blew the Ravens game.  The defense actually did OK in that game.

The thing is right now the defense can’t play any bad than they did this year. So in reality it can only do better and if it performs worse then so be it, nothing will change the constant(Vrabel). My main concern is losing pieces on the offense and we could end up losing a lot of starters on our offensive side then factor into a new OC, who will want to put something of his own staple into this. My biggest concern is the offense can take a step back and if the defense stays about the same or worse then that’s when these 11 wins turn into 5-6 wins and right now that is a major major concern. 

Edited by Stan

2 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Don't disagree but in the context of the discussion, the offense blew the Ravens game.  The defense actually did OK in that game.

Vrabel blew the game, Tannehill and the offense wasn't used to try and win the game. Vrabel literally ran into a stacked box the entire game. 

I'm not blaming "the offense" for that loss. 

When the offense was actually used they were moving easily. They were shut down by Vrabel, not the Ravens

17 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Vrabel blew the game, Tannehill and the offense wasn't used to try and win the game. Vrabel literally ran into a stacked box the entire game. 

I'm not blaming "the offense" for that loss. 

When the offense was actually used they were moving easily. They were shut down by Vrabel, not the Ravens

I'd agree the coaches deserve way more of the blame.  13 points won't win a playoff game.

57 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I'm not sure they would have been destroyed by the Bills given how Allen played in the playoffs.  But it's a moot point anyway.

Random story I heard today from my friend. He happened to be on a flight and was sitting next to Kamalei Correa’s mother. She saw he was wearing a Titans hat and kind started the conversation. She said the reason Correa got traded, was not because he requested a trade, but that he asked for more playing time with Bowen. Bowen then turned around and made him out to be in the wrong for simply asking to play more. Knew we were keeping around an awful Coach, but didn’t know he was an asshole as well.

18 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Random story I heard today from my friend. He happened to be on a flight and was sitting next to Kamalei Correa’s mother. She saw he was wearing a Titans hat and kind started the conversation. She said the reason Correa got traded, was not because he requested a trade, but that he asked for more playing time with Bowen. Bowen then turned around and made him out to be in the wrong for simply asking to play more. Knew we were keeping around an awful Coach, but didn’t know he was an asshole as well.

Yeah I dunno if I would take Correa’s Mom’s take on it as the gospel truth. 

But it also wouldn’t surprise me - this is how Vrabel (and his acolytes), Belichick, Patricia, O’Brien, et al. work. They don’t deal with players asking for playing time - they tell the players whether they’ll be getting playing time or not and the players abide. It’s a coach-centric philosophy where the players do what they’re asked with no questions asked. 

Why do you think players hate playing for the guys who espouse the “Patriot Way” philosophy, Belichick included? 

38 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Lol. Always two sides to a story...