Democrats might be smart to be more moderate to keep conservatives on board because it will help them win more elections, but you can't complain if progressive turnout drops when they move right.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s an awful blend of absurd conspiracies, trutherism, racism, religious fanaticism, anti-science, insurrectionists, and domestic terrorism, all while hiding these values behind the flag.  

So many for you to choose from! 

Voting reform has to be their issue moving forward. Infrastructure would be nice, but voting reform to block the Q party from implementing Jim Crow 2.0 across dozens of states is much more important a

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Democrats might be smart to be more moderate to keep conservatives on board because it will help them win more elections, but you can't complain if progressive turnout drops when they move right.

This package is like a progressive stimulus wet dream. 

The idea that they would walk away over some little tiny thing like phaseouts is just crazy. If they were going the "conservative" route then they'd be passing something closer to the Republican bill or doing nothing at all. Then they'd have something to bitch about. 

Edited by tgo
Just now, tgo said:

The idea that they would walk away over some little tiny thing like phaseouts is just crazy. If they were going the "conservative" route then they'd be passing something closer to the Republican bill or doing nothing at all. Then they'd have something to bitch about. 

Read this post in the context of the thread, not in the context of other threads.

The context here is running and electing more Manchin and Sinema types. If Democrats become a more conservative party then progressives will vote less.

This is pretty simple logic.

1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

Read this post in the context of the thread, not in the context of other threads.

The context here is running and electing more Manchin and Sinema types. If Democrats become a more conservative party then progressives will vote less.

This is pretty simple logic.

I don't see any way they become a more conservative party. It's not going to get any more conservative than those two these days. And if we can add a couple more seats, that negates their influence significantly. 

19 minutes ago, tgo said:

It is nothing like a progressive wet dream. At best it’s half a loaf...

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Joe Biden? Joe Biden is the one that included it in the bill to start with lol. He literally ran on the 15 dollar minimum wage. 

Did Biden threaten to line item veto the minimum wage rider that he himself put in the damn bill and I missed it or what? 

Edited by tgo
1 hour ago, tgo said:

Joe Biden? Joe Biden is the one that included it in the bill to start with lol. He literally ran on the 15 dollar minimum wage. 

Did Biden threaten to line item veto the minimum wage rider that he himself put in the damn bill and I missed it or what? 

Once Manchin and Sinema voice their opposition to he $15 min wage in the COVID bill, there really wasn't much Biden could do. Then the Senate parlamaterian ended any hope as Biden had already stated he would go along with that ruling.  Right or wrong Biden is a Senate institutionalist. So, can't really fault Biden all that much on the $15 min wage. Oh and there is no line item veto. 

The $2000 check, yeah that might hurt Biden and the Dems in 2022. During both elections they promised $2000 checks and did not really say anything about $1400 (+$600) until after the election. Bad messaging there. 

Edited by TItansPDO

I'd be curious to see how many folks worrying about the progressive vote abandoning Democrats in 2022 are currently giving hundreds of dollars a month to mutual aids.

My guess is they might not actually be so progressive in practice.

Edited by patsplat
6 hours ago, tgo said:

I don't necessarily agree with the opinion in the tweet but I do wonder how hard of a time he will have in 2022, but mostly for different reasons.

From what I had read I really don't think they'd have won in GA without Trump. He actually completely sabotaged Republicans by depressing turnout with his base with all the talk of things being rigged. In 2022 that won't happen, the state legislature will probably pass some voting restrictions, and generally you'd assume increased turnout for the opposition party.

Going to be real tough.

9 hours ago, Titans279 said:

I don't necessarily agree with the opinion in the tweet but I do wonder how hard of a time he will have in 2022, but mostly for different reasons.

From what I had read I really don't think they'd have won in GA without Trump. He actually completely sabotaged Republicans by depressing turnout with his base with all the talk of things being rigged. In 2022 that won't happen, the state legislature will probably pass some voting restrictions, and generally you'd assume increased turnout for the opposition party.

Going to be real tough.

A lot of the voting restrictions will be shot down by the circuit court and will likely not be heard by the Supreme Court. 

ETA: you aren’t wrong necessarily, but just wanted to add that. I think Warnock will be fine. He’s very popular in GA, and anything they try to pass will only further inflame the people it is targeting (black people). 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny
On 3/4/2021 at 3:32 PM, tgo said:

Why does Ron Johnson look like every asshole, no-fun teacher in every movie ever.

For those that have seen “The U,” he looks like the university president who wanted to disband the football team.

image.jpeg.2d5242e0f6d86edb92470719e7e4e0b6.jpeg