How did Torii Hunter not get voted into the Hall?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2021 at 9:39 PM, SorryOF said:

The fact that Terrell Davis is in the NFL HOF is why there's is a joke. 

I absolutely agree with that. I mean I could care less how hot you were for 3-4 years...The Hall of Fame is based off what you have done, not what you might have done. By that I mean I know injuries cut his career short, but longevity is apart of it. The guy was phenomenal for a good 3-4 years. He was my brothers favorite player. But 7000 yards isn't hall worthy IMO.

On 2/11/2021 at 6:39 PM, SorryOF said:

If players like Hunter got in, the baseball HOF wouldn't mean shit. 

The fact that Terrell Davis is in the NFL HOF is why there's is a joke. 

I wasn't saying Hunter should get in. Im saying the HOF is a joke so who cares. 

45 minutes ago, SorryOF said:

Damn. Didnt even realize I spelled theirs wrong haha. 

The mlb HOF is the only one that isn't a joke. 

Only way the mlb hall becomes a joke is if they let in known steroid users like Bonds, Clemens, Palmeiro, Sosa, McGwire, etc. 

oh god you are one of those integrity of the game people.

Bonds is one of if not the greatest baseball player of all time. He was a HOF player before steroids.

2 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

oh god you are one of those integrity of the game people.

Bonds is one of if not the greatest baseball player of all time. He was a HOF player before steroids.

I enjoyed watching that Bonds play more as opposed to the slugger +OPS machine of the late 90s-2000s.

And there are probably PED users in the HOF now.  I mean the guy who was MLB commish during this era is in the HOF.  I don't think the Baseball HOF is a joke but the entire PED issue is comical.  And known PED user David Ortiz is on the ballot next year.  If he gets in, it will be funny to see all these people defend him.

1 hour ago, rns90 said:

I enjoyed watching that Bonds play more as opposed to the slugger +OPS machine of the late 90s-2000s.

And there are probably PED users in the HOF now.  I mean the guy who was MLB commish during this era is in the HOF.  I don't think the Baseball HOF is a joke but the entire PED issue is comical.  And known PED user David Ortiz is on the ballot next year.  If he gets in, it will be funny to see all these people defend him.

I think their unwillingness to allow the “known” steroid users in the HOF makes it a joke. It was normal and not regulated during that era. I also believe there are guys in the HOF that took steroids. Pudge, Bagwell and Biggio are some just off the top of my head. 

I will give the baseball HOF credit for not becoming the hall of very good like other sports but this sacred no steroid user BS is a joke. 

9 minutes ago, SorryOF said:

I would probably agree. And the fact he still felt the need to cheat to create a bigger advantage makes it that much worse. Which is why they'll use him as an example by keeping him out. 

This is like being a wiz when it comes to the stock market but then you take advantage of insider info because you're greedy. Still a crime even though it wasn't necessary...

I already made 200 million from the stock market, who cares if I used insider info to make an extra 100 million. Not how it works. And its not how ppl should look at it with sports. 

If they're going to keep out Rose then NO WAY IN HELL does anyone who actually cheated deserve to be in. And if any who are in can be proven to having taken it, they should be removed. 

@CaliTitan3518, honestly, what about the guys that didn't cheat and played an honest game and paid for it? Too bad for them? They should have cheated too? Fuck that. 

Well I also think Rose should be in the HOF so there is that too. Thats just further evidence of my thoughts of the baseball HOF being stupid. 

Technically Bonds never tested positive for steroids under an MLB administered test during his playing time.  I'm not trying to argue that he didn't take steroids just pointing out that he was never found guilty of cheating within the MLB testing platform and if it wasn't for the further investigating of BALCO there would be no knowledge of any known positive tests. 

The guys that played the game "honest" and didn't get in? or the ones that played the game "honest" that did get in? 

24 minutes ago, SorryOF said:

Yea, hard to test positive when there wasn't testing for it for 90% of your career. The MLB seriously failed the players in that regard and failed to protect the game. 

Also there are more ways to prove it than a positive test. In the case of Bonds, just look at his physique in his before, after, and way after shots. Went from Nomar Garciaparra, to Hulk Hogan, to Torri Hunter. 

HOF status is irrelevant. Any player who played an honest game and suffered (which is a certainty) a negative impact from being at a disadvantage. 

In the picture I've posted, you'll see that in the heart of the steroid era, the average rpg was around 5 and was over 5 three times in a 5 year span. And in 2 of the other years it was 4.8 and 4.9. The ERA is noticeably higher than other decades as well. 

You have to go all the way back to the 19th century to find a stretch that bad for pitchers. And I would imagine back in 1890, all they were throwing were fastballs. 

Not to mention, you talk about integrity of the game as if its no big deal and that'sall ots about. I guess you can't see the bigger picture. Imagine creating an atmosphere that has high schoolers and college players feeling the need to juice just in order to keep up....thats exactly what would happen in the MLB took a no big deal approach to PEDs. 

Ya once again never denied Bonds using but the MLB never could prove he actually cheated which I’m sure they preferred. 

Plus as I stated before there are known users in the HOF already. Several HOFers have commented on guys that are in already that they know were users. Why use Bonds as the example? Because he’s arguably the best player of time? The other guys get a pass because they weren’t as good? Bonds was a HOfer with or without them. If you want to make an example and hold yourself to a higher standard why didn’t they block every one from getting in? The fucking commissioner who allowed all of it to go on is in the HOF

The MLB did take a no big deal approach to steroids. It’s why they didn’t start to test for it until 12 years after they “banned” it. Not to mention it was in the game for several years before being “banned”. The MLB is responsible for making it part of the game. Everyone ignored it because they were all making money off of it. 

This retroactive morality nonsense is why it’s a joke. Everyone was sipping the steroid Kool aid when they were benefiting from it. 

On 2/22/2021 at 11:36 AM, SorryOF said:

I do fear the fact he was a close murder victim, and the situation regarding the Boston bombing and the speech he gave might sucker some into voting for him. But no way he makes it on first ballot and I'd bet he doesn't make it at all. 

I think he's a HOF but not as great as the media would like to have you believe.  He'll get in because A) he played in a big market and B) he wasn't a jerk to sportswriters.  That second part bugs me because the HOF should be based on field performance. 

32 minutes ago, SorryOF said:

No, not everybody was. And you seem to be doing your damnedest to make a case for someone being deserving of something you find to be a joke. 

Also, as I do more research on your name drops which was Biggio, Bagwell, and Ivan, it seems it never amounted to anything past accusations. The situations involving Bonds, McGwire, Clemens and others are different on multiple levels. I mean if you want to reject any player ever accused to uphold the integrity, I mean wth...

What about Sosa and his corked bat. Forget that he more than likely did PEDs as well, do you say big deal to his corked bat as well? 

Them not being in is the reason I find it to be a joke. It's not the quality of player I question them being put in the HOF. I've already said Baseball HOF has done a good job not becoming the Hall of very good. 

The MLB did NOTHING to stop steroids during the steroid era. If anything, they promoted it. Thats 20+ years of baseball that they turned their head to it, but as I said they are now using retroactive morality to put themselves above it. This is why I find it to be a joke. 

Players in the HOF have made comments about known users being in the HOF. The accusations are there for a reason. You think players don't know who the guys are that are using? Cmon they know better than anyone. Go ask Frank Thomas or Reggie Jackson what they think. I can promise you they aren't happy about certain players being in. 

Corked bats are one of the dumbest things ever. Its been proven the only benefit is making the bat lighter. The punishment is pretty minor and if a player was caught using a corked bat it shouldn't prevent them from being put in the HOF. There have only been 6 players ever caught/punished for using a corked bat and Sosa is the only one worthy of HOF play. 

16 minutes ago, SorryOF said:

Dems did nothing to stop the rioting. So that makes it ok? 

The same Frank Thomas who cries about his career being overshadowed by the steroid era yet also believes Bonds should be a HOFer? He's just as confused as the bitches who support abortion then jump on social media hashtagging save our children 🤣🤣

Lighter bat means faster swing. Means more capable of catching up to a fastball so its easier to sit on off speed. But its one of the dumbest things ever? Cmon now. Just another clear and distinct advantage. 

Lol oh god. Politics for your HOF MLB integrity argument? 

Frank Thomas has said he thinks Bonds had a HOF career and they might as well let him in since they’ve let the others in. No point in keeping players out over peds since they’ve already let players in that the HOFers know were users too. What’s confusing about that? 

I’m saying it’s a stupid advantage that has resulted in 0 harsh punishments. Altered bats have always been apart of the game so it’s nothing new. 

what’s next bringing up pine tar? Or is that ok because players say they are ok with it? 

my stance is simple so you should understand it. There are assumed steroid users in the HOF so they shouldn’t block others. It was part of an era where MLB did nothing to stop players from using. It’s their own fault.