Senior Bowl Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

With the NFL cancelling of the Combine and in person visits/workouts/interviews the Senior Bowl takes on an even more significant part of the pre draft evaluation period this year, this year teams will have the opportunity to watch/interview 135 prospects in person which is a larger pool of players than normal.

Each of the last 2 years the Senior Bowl have had 93 players drafted in the corresponding NFL draft meaning nearly 40% of players drafted have come from the Senior Bowl.

TV coverage of the Senior Bowl will consist of live look ins on the NFLN of practices on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday and a 1hr nightly highlight package, ESPNU will also be airing the complete practices on Wednesday and Thursday, the actual Senior Bowl Game airs on Saturday at 2:30ET on the NFLN.

There are likely to be a couple of guys at the Senior Bowl that end up becoming Titans in April.

Some guys worth keeping an eye on

National Team

Michigan CB Ambry Thomas

Washington DL Levi Onwuzurike

Pittsburgh DL Rashad Weaver

Pittsburgh EDGE Patrick Jones II

Coastal Carolina DL Tarron Jackson

North Carolina LB Chazz Surratt

Cincinnati OL James Hudson III

Oklahoma OL Creed Humphrey

Boston College TE Hunter Long

Western Michigan WR D'Wayne Eskridge

Michigan WR Nico Collins

Wake Forest WR Sage Surratt

American Team

Florida State S Hamsah Nasirildeen

Syracuse CB Ifeatu Melifonwu

Central Florida S Richie Grant

Central Florida CB Aaron Robinson

Wake Forest DL Carlos Basham Jr

Iowa DL Chauncey Golston

Houston DL Payton Turner

LSU LB Jabril Cox

UAB EDGE/LB Jordan Smith

Grambling St G David Moore

Tennessee OL Trey Smith

Alabama OL Alex Leatherwood

Clemson WR Amari Rodgers

Clemson WR Cornell Powell

Florida WR Kadarius Toney (fun player to watch but I highly doubt the Titans would draft him due to character concerns)

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This snap from Meinerz is insane that is the best IDL at the Senior Bowl he is absolutely destroying.    

Thank you guys for the thread and all the updates  

Todd McShay said some teams are considering taking Miami kicker Jose Borregales on day 2.    

Just now, Aramis said:

Damn that sucks about Odeyingbo. Was excited to see what he had to offer.

Absolutely he was in line to be drafted somewhere between picks 45-85 and could now slide into day 3, he was also one of those bigger EDGE guys the Titans will certainly be interested in that can set the edge on early downs and then rush from the inside in known passing situations.

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Absolutely he was in line to be drafted somewhere between picks 45-85 and could now slide into day 3, he was also one of those bigger EDGE guys the Titans will certainly be interested in that can set the edge on early downs and then rush from the inside in known passing situations.

What’s your thoughts on the LB Zaven Collins? The Athletic have been mocking him to us lately and seem pretty high on him. 

I remember a years back watching the senior bowl practices. The one on one DB vs WR and Oliver vs Dline is so telling. When the titans reaked ass and were drafting high it was a high point of the year. "Build towards the future" " This draft class is gonna set us up pretty". 

Makes me gracious of what we have now. Playoffs and a competitive team. Be thankful.  

With that being said, the FUCKING COVID  fucking our lives all to hell let's enjoy this senior bowl. It ruined my preseason, which for some was a blessing. I for one loved it. Evans and the late rounders showing out in meaningless time. Titans games when I could get annihilated and I could care less about the outcome. 

The bourbon in my system speaks for me....Titan up fellas

1 hour ago, Aramis said:

What’s your thoughts on the LB Zaven Collins? The Athletic have been mocking him to us lately and seem pretty high on him. 

I've watched his tape from a few games. I like him. He would definitely be an upgrade over Evans, possibly immediately. He's huge and a very fluid athlete. Not necessarily explosive, but obviously a great athlete for his size. He would immediately be the best athlete of our LB group. Plays like a guy who would've been great at multiple sports. Always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Lots of splash plays. He's not a hole stuffing thumper LB, more of a new age MLB. He'll get pushed around by the OL every now and then. He over pursues occasionally and will miss a tackle. I think his coverage ability will be a bit overrated by the media, his INTs were mostly right place at the right time in my opinion. But overall, he's a good player. I think late 1st, early 2nd is a good spot for him.

He's not in the same tier as Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah though.

I think his film against Tulane is a good representation of him. Lots of splash plays, always around the ball, clearly a great athlete. But also misses a few tackles and gets pushed around by OL every now and then. But he makes a game winning INT returned for a TD in 2OT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5u0Ki8aN5I

Edited by BTiger3733

1 hour ago, Aramis said:

Very solid versatile player moves really well for a guy his size, when you think about what the biggest needs are likely to be this offseason I have my doubts if JRob would be willing to take an off the ball ILB when Evans/Long are coming back, think it might be more likely to take a guy like Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (if he somehow made it to 22) who is more of a S/ILB hybrid who is great in coverage and could  go up against TE/RB and maybe even bigger body slot WR.

3 hours ago, Aramis said:

2 hours ago, BTiger3733 said:

I've watched his tape from a few games. I like him. He would definitely be an upgrade over Evans, possibly immediately. He's huge and a very fluid athlete. Not necessarily explosive, but obviously a great athlete for his size. He would immediately be the best athlete of our LB group. Plays like a guy who would've been great at multiple sports. Always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Lots of splash plays. He's not a hole stuffing thumper LB, more of a new age MLB. He'll get pushed around by the OL every now and then. He over pursues occasionally and will miss a tackle. I think his coverage ability will be a bit overrated by the media, his INTs were mostly right place at the right time in my opinion. But overall, he's a good player. I think late 1st, early 2nd is a good spot for him.

He's not in the same tier as Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah though.

I think his film against Tulane is a good representation of him. Lots of splash plays, always around the ball, clearly a great athlete. But also misses a few tackles and gets pushed around by OL every now and then. But he makes a game winning INT returned for a TD in 2OT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5u0Ki8aN5I

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Very solid versatile player moves really well for a guy his size, when you think about what the biggest needs are likely to be this offseason I have my doubts if JRob would be willing to take an off the ball ILB when Evans/Long are coming back, think it might be more likely to take a guy like Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (if he somehow made it to 22) who is more of a S/ILB hybrid who is great in coverage and could  go up against TE/RB and maybe even bigger body slot WR.

Collins is probably best fit as an OLB/EDGE. He’s not a sideline to sideline type of LB. He has requisite speed and athleticism that make him a good fit on the outside pass rushing. He’s actually the perfect fit for the role we constantly play Landry in, due to his prowess is short zone coverage. 

Well this sucks poor weather is forcing day 1 of practice indoors and limiting the number of team personnel that can attend and completely shutting out the general media from attending, apart from a 1hr highlights package on the NFLN we won't hear much on day 1 of practice.

3 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The problem with drafting him is we have much bigger holes on the defense. Great prospect but we need a DL or edge to help get after people. I don't think the secondary is bad at all. I think they are just being asked to do 2 much in the scheme we ran and that outside harold and Simmons we have at best situational rushers who are not even more than meh.

3 minutes ago, Callidus said:

The problem with drafting him is we have much bigger holes on the defense. Great prospect but we need a DL or edge to help get after people. I don't think the secondary is bad at all. I think they are just being asked to do 2 much in the scheme we ran and that outside harold and Simmons we have at best situational rushers who are not even more than meh.

He is an EDGE. Collins is 6’4” 260 lbs. He is actually bigger than any other OLB we had on our roster this past year.

14 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

He is an EDGE. Collins is 6’4” 260 lbs. He is actually bigger than any other OLB we had on our roster this past year.

Not sure I would classify him purely as an EDGE as he lines up off the LOS the majority of the time, he is more of a ILB/EDGE hybrid kind of a bigger Haason Reddick who I was a big fan of before he was drafted and was actually calling for us to trade for last offseason when it was reported he was out of favour at the Cardinals.

There isn't a huge sample size of him purely lining up against OT and having to set the edge as part of a 4 or 5 man front.

Do like him as a player but any team taking him with the intention of playing him purely at EDGE might have some early growing pains to work through. 

5 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Not sure I would classify him purely as an EDGE as he lines up off the LOS the majority of the time, he is more of a ILB/EDGE hybrid kind of a bigger Haason Reddick who I was a big fan of before he was drafted and was actually calling for us to trade for last offseason when it was reported he was out of favour at the Cardinals.

There isn't a huge sample size of him purely lining up against OT and having to set the edge as part of a 4 or 5 man front.

Do like him as a player but any team taking him with the intention of playing him purely at EDGE might have some early growing pains to work through. 

There in lies the rub. Reddick was seen as largely a bust the past few years until the Cardinals finally started playing him at OLB this year and letting him rush the QB. Might be some transition, but putting him in the middle of the field in man or a deep zone, you are asking for trouble. There aren’t many 260 lb ILB anymore. Dont’a Hightower is really the only one that comes to mind. 

Overall, I think he will probably be off the board before we pick anyway. Supposedly, the Cowboys really like him a lot.

Edited by titanskick8851