Schefter Estimates 18+ Teams Could Change QBs This Offseason

Jonboy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kinda what I'm thinking too.   Just for fun...   Locks Arizona Cardinals - Murray Baltimore Ravens - Jackson Buffalo Bills - Allen Cincinnati Bengals - Burrow Cl

I'll be surprised if more than 7-8 of those guys listed switch teams. 

I really hope Watson moves on. Partly because that Texans situation just looks toxic as fuck, but also it puts us as pretty much clear cut division winners going forward pending whatever the Colts do

2 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

There seems to be a very concerted effort by the media to push this as the story of the offseason.  I'd also add that pushing this volume of change contradicts logic when we all know teams will not have in person OTA's and scaled down TC.....

I dont think its that. I think its just that this has never happened with a QB this young and this good. Its the first story of its kind so the attention it is getting is warranted especially because there isn't any precedent of how this will play out.

17 minutes ago, titansfan said:

I dont think its that. I think its just that this has never happened with a QB this young and this good. Its the first story of its kind so the attention it is getting is warranted especially because there isn't any precedent of how this will play out.

I think ESPN pushing the 18 QB changes is over the top.  I'd also say that they have much more aggressive in pushing the Watson wants out no matter what than say the NFLN is FWIW.   One can presume that some of this is strategic to try to cover the NFL like they do the NBA in the midst of network negotiations.....Not to mention it doesn't hurt their mock draft/NFL Draft coverage business either :)

It’s amazing, in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 there were 6 QBs picked in the top 3.   3 of the 6 are no longer on their initial team’s roster, 2 were benched last year and the final one, Goff, doesn’t have a secure starting job going into next year.  

It just goes to show you that taking a QB early is really a coin flip on whether he will be the long-term answer or not.

Edited by scine09

8 minutes ago, scine09 said:

It’s amazing, in 2014, 2015 and 2016 there were 6 QBs picked in the top 3.   3 of the 6 are no longer on their initial team’s roster, 2 were benched last year and the final one, Goff, doesn’t have a secure starting job going into next year.  

It just goes to show you that taking a QB early is really a coin flip on whether he will be the long-term answer or not.

I count 5, but what's kind of crazy is all 5 teams had some level of success regardless of the QB busting - Buccs only being very recently and the Jags only very fleeting. Goes to show the best mitigation is to keep building and position the team for a veteran acquisition to counter QBs busting out.

11 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

I count 5, but what's kind of crazy is all 5 teams had some level of success regardless of the QB busting - Buccs only being very recently and the Jags only very fleeting. Goes to show the best mitigation is to keep building and position the team for a veteran acquisition to counter QBs busting out.

Bortles, Winston, Mariota, Goff, Wentz, Trubisky.

I meant to say between 2014 and 2017.  I’ll edit it.

Edited by scine09