Hammerin' Hank has died

Starkiller

I followed Aaron and the Braves during that time.  I used to listen to the games on the radio.  Henry Aaron was my favorite baseball player.  The Braves had some great hitters.  They regularly scored 7,8 run in games when the rest of the league was hardly scoring five at the most.  They would have won every game if their pitchers didn't give up 8,9 runs a game.

Sad he got the same death threats and hate mail Fauci says he gets now.  

Funny, Scully said, "a black man is getting a standing O for breaking the record of a baseball idol and it's happening in the deep south, Atlanta"

It was almost like he knew what was going to happen in Atlanta 45 years later.  Hey, there's that number again 45.

4 hours ago, NFL2K5 said:

I think the saddest thing was Babe Ruth's wife wrote Hank Aaron begging him not to break her husband's record. Instead of congratulations.

That's pitiful.:(

The correlations are stupefying.  

"Could you just find 12,000 votes, please.  Do it for your family because I would feel awful if something bad happened to them."

I was in college in Atlanta when he broke the record. Used to sit in the bleachers for a dollar and could bring your own beer in a container. Pre Ted Turner. They sucked but this man was grace, dignity, fierce competitor, and all class.

Archived