Pees Chooses Falcons (UPDATE: PK Reports Titans Offer Wasn’t for DC)

tgo

Just now, tgo said:

It's not, but what could make it better would be to add a senior defensive assistant like Crennel or even Patricia. 

Idk how much better that'd make it. If the guy you're hiring to be the DC needs training wheels then maybe he's not cut out to be a DC.

So long as Vrabel's methods net positive results then great, but I'm startin not to like him...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's going to be on Vrabel to fix the defense next year. He'll be responsible completely if it's another failure 

100% agree with this Vrabel needs to move away from this passive bend don't break crap and get more aggressive defensively, unfortunately it seems by attempting to bring Pees back that doesn't seem wh

2 minutes ago, Face said:

McDermott was hired a lot earlier in the process. Remember Vrabel was sort’ve a surprise because we won our wild card game & then fire Mularkey a day or two after the divisional round.  So Butler was gone before Vrabel even had an interview.

Mike Vrabel was hired on January 20, John Butler was hired by Buffalo on January 30. 

I had been monitoring Butler as a potential DC for Vrabel but then he skipped town on Houston and made a lateral move to Buffalo. 

That said - maybe there is a connection to Buffalo that is unknown or another reason, such as Vrabel really wanting Coombs on his staff. So I'm not saying he isn't an option - it's certainly possible but just pointing out that there may be a reason Vrabel hasn't hired him already. Kind of like with Weaver even though they coached together. 

Edited by tgo

8 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

If Bowen is going to be the DC it's going to piss me off. The defense was absolutely atrocious this year. How the fuck is giving him the title of DC going to magically make it better? 

It’s amazing. Straight up nepotism if he gets this role. In what world is he the best candidate for DC?

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

Mike Vrabel was hired on January 20, John Butler was hired by Buffalo on January 30. 

I had been monitoring Butler as a potential DC for Vrabel but then he skipped town on Houston and made a lateral move to Buffalo. 

I stand corrected. Shit. There does a guy I like.

2 hours ago, tgo said:

Pees made it known he wanted back in but said "Well I don't know if it would be with the Titans" - he threw cold water on the idea of going back to Tennessee in the radio interview at the time. 

I heard the interview live and my impression was that he wanted to come back but didn't know if the Titans wanted him.  In fact, I think he was interviewed twice and left it open to return here both times.

1 minute ago, ctm said:

I heard the interview live and my impression was that he wanted to come back but didn't know if the Titans wanted him.  In fact, I think he was interviewed twice and left it open to return here both times.

I heard it live as well, and to me it sounded like cold water, which is why I had never really suggested he could come back. His son is coaching with him in Atlanta, and that wouldn't have been a possibility here either. 

Edited by tgo

53 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

If Bowen is going to be the DC it's going to piss me off. The defense was absolutely atrocious this year. How the fuck is giving him the title of DC going to magically make it better? 

Easy. Titans did an internal audit of their coaches and blamed it all on the players.

Half kidding...

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

Told you.... all signs point to Bowen being promoted.

If that is true, it sucks a big one. Even the shitty teams lit us up last season. The only reason we made the playoffs was we outscored them and now our OC is gone.

5 hours ago, tgo said:

"He had already made a commitment to Smith, a hot coaching candidate who interviewed for all seven openings when Mike Vrabel recently offered him a role with the Titans as a consultant, not as a coordinator."

They wouldn't have wanted to bring Pees in as a consultant if the hire was going to be Crennel, imo. I still think Crennel could be brought in as a senior assistant though. 

But most likely Bowen will be the DC, unless there's someone else out of left field that we haven't heard about. Or maybe Patricia, because he worked closely with Pees for years as well. 

As soon as the news dropped we talked to him it was obvious they didn’t want him as a DC. The idea was to bring him as a consultant. 

If we don’t get Crennel on board as a senior consultant, which is what he’ll be offered, then it’s the Vrabel show redux. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny