Pees Chooses Falcons (UPDATE: PK Reports Titans Offer Wasn’t for DC)

tgo

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's going to be on Vrabel to fix the defense next year. He'll be responsible completely if it's another failure 

100% agree with this Vrabel needs to move away from this passive bend don't break crap and get more aggressive defensively, unfortunately it seems by attempting to bring Pees back that doesn't seem wh

"He had already made a commitment to Smith, a hot coaching candidate who interviewed for all seven openings when Mike Vrabel recently offered him a role with the Titans as a consultant, not as a coordinator."

They wouldn't have wanted to bring Pees in as a consultant if the hire was going to be Crennel, imo. I still think Crennel could be brought in as a senior assistant though. 

But most likely Bowen will be the DC, unless there's someone else out of left field that we haven't heard about. Or maybe Patricia, because he worked closely with Pees for years as well. 

Edited by tgo

3 minutes ago, tgo said:

"He had already made a commitment to Smith, a hot coaching candidate who interviewed for all seven openings when Mike Vrabel recently offered him a role with the Titans as a consultant, not as a coordinator."

Told you.... all signs point to Bowen being promoted.

Edited by oldschool

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

I'm afraid the move to hire an assistant DL coach is possibly due to Bowen being promoted to DC and Matt Edwards taking over the OLBs officially. 

Our season will go into the tank. Just look at our schedule to go along with losing some guys and still having Bowen. Not good, it'll be a waste of a season. 

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Our season will go into the tank. Just look at our schedule to go along with losing some guys and still having Bowen. Not good, it'll be a waste of a season. 

The schedule seemed more favorable than this year to me. 

• Jonboy changed the title to Pees Chooses Falcons (UPDATE: PK Reports Titans Offer Wasn’t for DC)
32 minutes ago, tgo said:

They wouldn't have wanted to bring Pees in as a consultant if the hire was going to be Crennel, imo. I still think Crennel could be brought in as a senior assistant though. 

But most likely Bowen will be the DC, unless there's someone else out of left field that we haven't heard about. Or maybe Patricia, because he worked closely with Pees for years as well. 

I’d be fine with promoting Bowen and bringing in a senior consultant like Crennel. 

We really just need another strong defensive minded person in the building to help out with scheming.  

44 minutes ago, tgo said:

If Bowen is going to be the DC it's going to piss me off. The defense was absolutely atrocious this year. How the fuck is giving him the title of DC going to magically make it better? 

2 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

If Bowen is going to be the DC it's going to piss me off. The defense was absolutely atrocious this year. How the fuck is giving him the title of DC going to magically make it better? 

It's not, but what could make it better would be to add a senior defensive assistant like Crennel or even Patricia. 

20 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

@Face I feel your frustrations, but they’re always tight-lipped. We have no clue how many they have or haven’t interviewed.

There are also 4 teams still playing with coaches they could be interested in.

Im hoping John Butler in Buffalo is a guy they’re waiting to talk to. He makes so much sense.

Just now, Face said:

Im hoping John Butler in Buffalo is a guy they’re waiting to talk to. He makes so much sense.

I kind of think that if he was a Vrabel guy that Vrabel would've added him onto the staff when he left for Buffalo. 

Just now, tgo said:

I kind of think that if he was a Vrabel guy that Vrabel would've added him onto the staff when he left for Buffalo. 

McDermott was hired a lot earlier in the process. Remember Vrabel was sort’ve a surprise because we won our wild card game & then fire Mularkey a day or two after the divisional round.  So Butler was gone before Vrabel even had an interview.