Henry named offensive player of the year

Starkiller

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MOD UPDATE: Takes the AP honors for OPOY as well.    

Well deserved   Now stop giving him the ball so much on 1st down 

Posted Images

This award, along with the DPOY award, should take the place of the MVP award.

There should also be a Super Bowl OPOY (OPSB?) and DPOY (DPSB?)

The current regular season MVP award is a premature award and should be changed to fully reward the best player for the season on the team that wins the Super Bowl.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

Just now, NashvilleNinja said:

This award, along with the DPOY award, should take the place of the MVP award. The MVP award should take the place of the Super Bowl MVP.

There should also be a Super Bowl OPOY (OPSB?) and DPOY (DPSB?)

The current regular season MVP award is a premature award and should be changed to fully reward the best player for the season on the team that wins the Super Bowl.

Why?  The regular season MVP award is exactly that.  Aaron Rodgers shouldn't get MVP if GB somehow loses in the playoffs? 

15 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Why?  The regular season MVP award is exactly that.  Aaron Rodgers shouldn't get MVP if GB somehow loses in the playoffs? 

I said why... I just think the award is premature. The idea that "The Most Valuable" player is not a player that helped their team to win the Super Bowl just seems odd to me. It always has.

4 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I said why... I just think the award is premature. The idea that "The Most Valuable" player is not a player that helped their team to win the Super Bowl just seems odd to me. It always has.

Hypothetically, and purely hypothetically, let's say a stand-out season-long performance by a player catapults a team into the playoffs.  MVP stuff.  But then that player is injured and his backup leads the same team to a Super Bowl victory with a Super Bowl MVP.  Which player gets the "NashvilleNinja" MVP?

Just to better imagine this, let's pretend this team is the Philadelphia Eagles.  

15 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Just to clarify this is the PFWA Offensive Player of the Year Award not the NFL Offensive Player of the Year Award, the NFL will announce their Offensive Player of the Year in an Awards Show in the lead up to the Super Bowl.

How often do they differ?

• 3 weeks later...