Biden White House: Year 4

tgo

I think the pandemic affected everyone to a degree none of us can really understand or appreciate. I find myself in social settings having to relearn how to be a person. 

To note, the riots of 2020 were the most televised and internet phenomenon in the history of our country. Everyone who wasn’t either a frontline worker or someone protesting was at home watching from whatever media they chose.  

That fear of being isolated while watching what happened unfold along with everything else going on shocked everyone’s system, but especially so to the people who could comfortably stay home and simply watch it unfold knowing they were mandated to be locked down. 

The resentment is palatable and to be honest I don’t begrudge them for it. The facts don’t matter in those situations as much as perception. 

It reminds me of what @headhunter said about the oil industry using this as a backlash because of their perceived grievance against Biden and the Democrats. The same is true for how the protests in 2020 and subsequent riots were viewed and processed by a huge part of the population who were stuck in their house and for the first time paying attention. I’ve always found it funny that people would question the voter turnout for the 2020 election when tens of millions of people actually had the chance to pay attention one way or another for the first time in their lives. 

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No I don't think that has anything to do with super rich. It is the top 1.8% of income earners though.    Also if you think the proposals to raise the taxes on people making that much are ex

A couple of years ago, I was  late for a conference call with colleagues in Germany and India. After joining the call and apologizing for being late. Someone from India said, "just be like Trump and s

Voter ID isn't the big issue. The big issue is state law proposals that allow state legislatures to overrule the vote in elections and that take power away from the state's secretaries of state as wel

Posted Images

17 hours ago, headhunter said:

Limiting drilling, no subsides getting rid of the keystone pipeline, verbally being against the oil industry and trying to end it. Green energy policies. No refineries being built. Getting rid of the pipeline is a declaration of being against the oil industry even though it wouldn't have been finished for a couple years. Of course prices would increase.

Has Biden caused some of the gas prices to rise or has he had zero impact? 

Why should we allow Canadian oil to threaten the Ogallala aquifer?

Fresh water is more important than oil.

3 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Eh, it isn’t a great comparison in my opinion even if it was a solid analogy. The US is a lot more spread out than the EU in terms of how our economies work intrastate. Also, we have this law that lets businesses act as people so they can donate however much they want to politicians who will do their bidding. 

Also, to note, there is nothing on the planet right now that is as efficient and cost affordable as the internal combustion engine. I’ve said for quite a while now that money needs to be spent on R&D to make that not the case instead of what the liberals here want which is essentially a punitive scheme that only offloads costs onto the working class. 

Obviously there's major differences but the population isn't too dissimilar and the countries within the EU have their own economic policies also. I would say the attitude of a large portion of Americans (GOP) to this lags significantly behind a lot of Europe

It's not only a decent comparison, it's probably the best possible comparison. The problem is that people will dismiss any comparison on the inevitable and unavoidable lack of perfect sameness when comparing two distinct things ... provided they don't like what the comparison suggests.

5 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Anyone else find it ironic that a doctor, a self declared wealthy businessman, and a rich coal guy are the ones doing the most bitching about gas prices? I wonder what they were saying in 2007-2008. 

There's not many business owners here I take it. 

18 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

I think it's cute that somebody posted just recently how they have hope for Headhunter.

3 minutes ago, headhunter said:

The left is too left nowadays 

I'm just happy to be debating with conservatives about energy policy and Biden supposedly being senile rather than about whether or not we should overthrow the government and implement a dictatorship. 

1 minute ago, tgo said:

I'm just happy to be debating with conservatives about energy policy and Biden supposedly being senile rather than about whether or not we should overthrow the government and implement a dictatorship. 

Yeah things have gotten better haven't they? How much of your 401k have you lost

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

Yeah things have gotten better haven't they? How much of your 401k have you lost

Luckily the markets are forecasted to rebound after the low. The thing about capitalism is that markets ebb and flow. It's a beautiful thing. 

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Luckily the markets are forecasted to rebound after the low. The thing about capitalism is that markets ebb and flow. It's a beautiful thing. 

I hope they do rebound. But most banks say we are gonna go in a recession.  Nothing is going well with the economy when prices keep going up and credit card debt is at an all time high, it's breaking records each month and it's just for basic necessities. Then add in the increased interest rates for buying a house makes it tough on families too. 

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I hope they do rebound. But most banks say we are gonna go in a recession.  Nothing is going well with the economy when prices keep going up and credit card debt is at an all time high, it's breaking records each month and it's just for basic necessities. Then add in the increased interest rates for buying a house makes it tough on families too. 

It's a mixed bag on whether a recession is coming. Some analysts say yes - many say no. It's a balancing act to try and thread the needle between raising rates to cool down the economy in order to control inflation, and tipping it into a recession. 

1 minute ago, tgo said:

It's a mixed bag on whether a recession is coming. Some analysts say yes - many say no. It's a balancing act to try and thread the needle between raising rates to cool down the economy in order to control inflation, and tipping it into a recession. 

When we are about to hit rock bottom with the economy I guess you can spin it saying things are gonna improve,,,, eventually 

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

When we are about to hit rock bottom with the economy I guess you can spin it saying things are gonna improve,,,, eventually 

We were at rock bottom with the economy at the end of the Trump administration when we were nearing economic collapse and the government had to step in to prevent a historic devastating depression.

Right now we're just strolling instead of heartily sprinting. 

• tgo changed the title to Biden White House: Year 4