Biden White House: Year 4

tgo

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No I don't think that has anything to do with super rich. It is the top 1.8% of income earners though.    Also if you think the proposals to raise the taxes on people making that much are ex

A couple of years ago, I was  late for a conference call with colleagues in Germany and India. After joining the call and apologizing for being late. Someone from India said, "just be like Trump and s

Voter ID isn't the big issue. The big issue is state law proposals that allow state legislatures to overrule the vote in elections and that take power away from the state's secretaries of state as wel

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

If it’s a $15 minimum wage in 2050 I’m going to say that doesn’t count. ?

It wont be like that. My buddy on the hill says there's chatter of $15 by 2024 with longer phase-ins for states with lower economic capabilities to preserve rural jobs and small businesses. There's also discussions around tax cuts to businesses who get in front of the scale-up date. 

Just now, luvyablue256 said:

It wont be like that. My buddy on the hill says there's chatter of $15 by 2024 with longer phase-ins for states with lower economic capabilities to preserve rural jobs and small businesses. There's also discussions around tax cuts to businesses who get in front of the scale-up date. 

Why would 10 Republicans vote for this?

1 minute ago, luvyablue256 said:

They may not be needed. Democrats (even Manchin) are planning to execute this stuff without 1 single GOP vote. 

So your prediction is filibuster reform and passing a bill so that everywhere will have a $15 minimum wage by 2024?

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/542043-team-biden-offers-alternative-reality-on-border-crisis-with-no-plan-to

when are you boys going to acknowledge this looming disaster?  Biden and the Democrats are willfully stupid. And all you coronabros bitching about every Republican...this is awful. But none of you will even admit a problem. 

Trump was right on the border issues

13 hours ago, luvyablue256 said:

I've heard the same thing. People should google state min wage numbers and be prepared to be blown away. The country is already moving ahead on an increase. The question is whether it will be raised all the way to $15/hour with a 5 year ramp like Virginia or if it will be more subtle. I'm told a blanket increase to $11-12/hour has plenty of GOP support. 

I still don’t think all Democrats would even support a $15 blanket minimum wage by 2025 and certainly not 10 more Republicans. 

The chances that the minimum wage gets raised are decent but I expect it’ll be a lower number or the target date gets pushed out. 

Filibuster changes could change the calculus but we don’t know what, if anything, is coming there. 

Btw idk about tax cuts for companies who raise wages. You’d end up cutting taxes on Walmart and Amazon who are already raising their wages. 

Edited by Titans279

• tgo changed the title to Biden White House: Year 4