Around the NFL - Divisional Round Games

OilerTitanHybrid

31 minutes ago, scine09 said:

If Henne was the Chiefs starter they wouldn't even be a playoff team IMO.  I don't think they'd be as good as the Raiders or Chargers.  And expecting him to come off the bench and hold off the Browns?  It was a miracle that the Chiefs were able to win.  

I agree that Stefanski shouldn't have punted but I understand why he did.  He clearly believed his D could force a 3 and out with a cold QB coming off a bad INT.  If you go for it and don't get it the Chiefs would have nearly been in FG range and could have gone up 8.  Whereas if you hold the Chiefs you get the ball back with plenty of time left to win it.  A lot of people seem to want to put it on Stefanski the fact that they lost but the fact is the Browns had the ball with a chance to take the lead and did nothing with it.  That, to me, is on the players.

The Chiefs never punted that game.  Not with Mahomes, not with Henne.  The only three and out that the Browns got came after the interception by Mayfield, and that was a missed field goal attempt.  (Chiefs felt no pressure here, just tack on more points, and lets get this game over with and get on to the AFCCG)

The Raiders were 8-8, and were second to the Chiefs.  IF the Chiefs had Henne, they could have still possibly won the division.  But, I think the Raiders wouldn't have had the deflating loss to the Chiefs in the second matchup and they may have finished stronger.  The Chiefs may have also focused more, and the opposition may have taken them lighter.  Hard to say for sure.  I certainly don't think they would be hosting the AFCCG.

I think they could have beaten the Browns with Henne.  The Browns, Ravens and Steelers all had an easy schedule.  That is the only reason the Browns were 11-5.  

The Chiefs would have had to play them differently, but Chiefs would have been in the game.

I don't think the Chiefs ever considered losing that game until the Browns got the ball back after Henne's interception.  Then, suddenly, they bowed up and the Browns had to punt.  Then, the offense ran out the 4 minutes converting two or three first downs.  

Chiefs would have been average to good without Mahomes.  Mahomes makes them a Super Bowl threat.

Edited by dcblanton

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If only the Titans would have passed on first down last week.. 

Jackson would be winless in The playoffs if Mike “The Meathead” Vrabel didn’t go full retard 

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, dcblanton said:

The Chiefs never punted that game.  Not with Mahomes, not with Henne.  The only three and out that the Browns got came after the interception by Mayfield, and that was a missed field goal attempt.  (Chiefs felt no pressure here, just tack on more points, and lets get this game over with and get on to the AFCCG)

The Raiders were 8-8, and were second to the Chiefs.  IF the Chiefs had Henne, they could have still possibly won the division.  But, I think the Raiders wouldn't have had the deflating loss to the Chiefs in the second matchup and they may have finished stronger.  The Chiefs may have also focused more, and the opposition may have taken them lighter.  Hard to say for sure.  I certainly don't think they would be hosting the AFCCG.

I think they could have beaten the Browns with Henne.  The Browns, Ravens and Steelers all had an easy schedule.  That is the only reason the Browns were 11-5.  

The Chiefs would have had to play them differently, but Chiefs would have been in the game.

I don't think the Chiefs ever considered losing that game until the Browns got the ball back after Henne's interception.  Then, suddenly, they bowed up and the Browns had to punt.  Then, the offense ran out the 4 minutes converting two or three first downs.  

Chiefs would have been average to good without Mahomes.  Mahomes makes them a Super Bowl threat.

With Chad Henne the Chiefs are the Broncos.  Good skill position guys, okay D but lousy QB.  

Honestly if they opened with Chad Henne in week 1 I don't think they finish 3rd.  I think the Chiefs could be decent with a different starting QB than Mahomes (obviously not as good) but with Chad Henne?  Come on.  The guy was a lousy QB when he started and is a backup for a reason.

On 1/17/2021 at 6:39 PM, oldschool said:

Its amazing. Hes a first ballot HOF QB and will go down as one of the best QBs ever. And yet he commits horrible back breaking turnovers in the playoffs year in and year out. I can't think of another player with that contrast.

Remember several years ago when I mentioned how Brees wasn't the same player anymore? This is what I was talking about.

It isn't this year; this has been a slow fall for several years now. He's kept putting up good numbers in the season, but his arm can't hold up all year. By the end of the season (especially playoffs), his arm gets worn out and he isn't the same QB. Now it's because he's just too old and doesn't have the arm at all, but it's a problem that has been going on a lot longer than most casual Saints fans realize.

It's painful to say it because Brees means so much to the community, but the Saints should probably have moved on years ago and signed another QB. 

27 minutes ago, RocketBills2 said:

Your team lost in the wildcard round of the playoffs to a running back who plays qb.  Have fun watching tranny tool around in the regular season and choke on Henry's balls in the playoffs.  Hahahaaha.  Shoo shoo me nasties,  we coming back strong next season boys!!  Ride henry ride and I'll be here every day to remind you of it!!  Eat a dick bitch!!!

Lol and in the end your team is watching the Super Bowl from home just like the Titans. You just have a worse draft position than them. See you next season. I look forward to you making yourself look stupid again. 

37 minutes ago, RocketBills2 said:

That's all you can say?  Your team went out in the very first round of the playoffs to a team without a qb.  Fucking embarrassing.   My team lost to the defending superbowl champs who are essentially the modern day patriots.  No shame there.  Your team has shitty coaching and no direction.  I'll keep looking at you in my rearview mirror.  Suck a dick and shoo shoo me nasties.   Ride henry ride, we'll be back boys!!!  Tranny gonna come back strong!!

??? 

It brings me so much joy to know how hard you’re taking the loss. Anybody who takes, “no shame in a loss,” sounds like a huge vagina. Are you a Soft ass millennial who was raised on participation trophies? 
shoo shoo me nasties. Ride allen ride boys. 

1 hour ago, RocketBills2 said:

That's all you can say?  Your team went out in the very first round of the playoffs to a team without a qb.  Fucking embarrassing.   My team lost to the defending superbowl champs who are essentially the modern day patriots.  No shame there.  Your team has shitty coaching and no direction.  I'll keep looking at you in my rearview mirror.  Suck a dick and shoo shoo me nasties.   Ride henry ride, we'll be back boys!!!  Tranny gonna come back strong!!

That’s all that needs to be said. You’re one of the most pathetic trolls I’ve ever seen on this forum. Literally no one here cares about you or the bills. You guys got exposed in the playoffs just like everyone said you would. I’m sure the NFL will send them participation trophies for making it so far in the playoffs!  Keep coming around and parroting the same dumb shit next year, I look forward to you making yourself looks stupid. 

5 hours ago, MikeKeith2020 said:

??? 

It brings me so much joy to know how hard you’re taking the loss. Anybody who takes, “no shame in a loss,” sounds like a huge vagina. Are you a Soft ass millennial who was raised on participation trophies? 
shoo shoo me nasties. Ride allen ride boys. 

This dipshit belongs to a fanbase that constantly points out that "well we went to 4 straight super bowls in the 90s"  Well, so fucking what you lost those?  And really they were on the same level as 99% of the teams that year.