Official DC search thread

MamlngEnvy

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they keep Bowen, my faith in Vrabel will be incredibly diminished.

All this talk about retaining Bowen and bringing in Crennel as a senior advisor is bullshit. If your DC is not good enough to do his job without a senior advisor then he's not qualified for the job to

Posted Images

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Don't think he has promise? Foundation is the aggressive Baltimore scheme, and made the Texans scheme more exotic in nature. 

He didn't have any personnel there this year really. 

Texans 2020 defense was the 3rd worst in defensive efficiency in the last 15yrs, 478th out of 480 qualifying teams big no to Weaver.

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Texans 2020 defense was the 3rd worst in defensive efficiency in the last 15yrs, 478th out of 480 qualifying teams big no to Weaver.

Who are you hoping for at DC other than Teryl Austin?

3 minutes ago, tgo said:

Who are you hoping for at DC other than Teryl Austin?

Probably Jerod Mayo now that Marcus Freeman isn't an option.

The more I think about it though Austin might be the right guy as he can also help get some of these secondary players who had down years in 2020 get back to the level we have seen them play at before.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Probably Jerod Mayo now that Marcus Freeman isn't an option.

The more I think about it though Austin might be the right guy as he can also help get some of these secondary players who had down years in 2020 get back to the level we have seen them play at before.

Why is Jerod Mayo appealing to you? He has the exact same defensive philosophy as Vrabel/Belichick/Patricia/Crennel et al. 

I'd be fine with Mayo btw, just curious considering your opposition to the defensive scheme overall. 

1 hour ago, BTiger3733 said:

I'm very optimistic about the defense next season... if we are healthy and have a good coordinator. Assuming we resign our guys (which is a big assumption) here's what I see:

CB: Adoree, Butler, King, Fulton is as deep of a CB group as anyone in the league.

S: I really think Byard will bounce back with scheme, his 4 great years shouldn't be discounted after 1 bad season. Vaccaro should be gone and Hooker is a small upgrade. Cruikshank back helps a little too. We probably need to draft or sign a solid player here too.

LB: Long *should* replace Evans as a starter. Jayon back with a better scheme should give him a bump in performance if we can afford him.

DL: I'm in the minority of people who don't hate the d-line. I think scheme was the bigger issue than personnel. Simmons is elite. Jones and Landry are slightly above average. If Clowney is back he's an elite run defender and above average pass rusher. Tart could be a high energy difference maker on 3rd downs. We definitely need to sign a few guys here though.

My point is, it's not a dumpster fire.

I like most of this depending on what it costs to keep people. I don't want the clown back unless he wants to play for like 2mil. 

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

Why is Jerod Mayo appealing to you? He has the exact same defensive philosophy as Vrabel/Belichick/Patricia/Crennel et al. 

I'd be fine with Mayo btw, just curious considering your opposition to the defensive scheme overall. 

There would be an element of hope he added a more aggressive spin to the scheme.

2 hours ago, BTiger3733 said:

I'm very optimistic about the defense next season... if we are healthy and have a good coordinator. Assuming we resign our guys (which is a big assumption) here's what I see:

CB: Adoree, Butler, King, Fulton is as deep of a CB group as anyone in the league.

S: I really think Byard will bounce back with scheme, his 4 great years shouldn't be discounted after 1 bad season. Vaccaro should be gone and Hooker is a small upgrade. Cruikshank back helps a little too. We probably need to draft or sign a solid player here too.

LB: Long *should* replace Evans as a starter. Jayon back with a better scheme should give him a bump in performance if we can afford him.

DL: I'm in the minority of people who don't hate the d-line. I think scheme was the bigger issue than personnel. Simmons is elite. Jones and Landry are slightly above average. If Clowney is back he's an elite run defender and above average pass rusher. Tart could be a high energy difference maker on 3rd downs. We definitely need to sign a few guys here though.

My point is, it's not a dumpster fire.

That CB room is awful if Butler isn’t there. Adoree hasn’t proven anything going into year. Fulton barely played this season. King is a free agent. I hope they clear it out and start from scratch.

Also we literally only have Simmons on the DL. Jones and Crawford are free agents. Tart showed some promise as an UDFA. Murchison we never really saw. Dickerson is a fringe roster guy. At OLB, it’s really Landry and a bunch of guys. Sure Clowney could be back, but that may be another waste of resources with his injury history.

Point being there are a lot more holes then you are making it out to be.

53 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Let's remember that we didn't exactly have great talent on our defense this year. We held the Ravens to 20 points, and 7 of those was one long run with a missed Byard tackle. Our O couldn't stay on the field either. Holding them that low was pretty amazing. I wouldn't be blowing things up so fast, but I would be tweaking things and drafting/signing some talent up front. 

Don’t let one game distract you from the others. We match super well with Baltimore. Our lack of pass rush actually somewhat helps because guys stay in their rush lanes and don’t go flying past the QB. Lamar also isn’t a traditional passer.

We saw what real QBs can do to us all year long.

• Jonboy changed the title to Official DC search thread
  • Jonboy unpinned this topic