Official OC Search Thread

Jonboy

Mike at Broadway on Hamilton...

His preferred style is best described as west coast-ish. It’s not the pure Shanahanian looks that we are more accustomed to seeing and the language is a bit different, but it’s certainly got some familiar elements, including lots of heavy personnel groupings and a balanced run-pass approach.

https://broadwaysportsmedia.com/reviewing-potential-offensive-coordinator-candidates-to-replace-arthur-smith-for-the-titans/

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are a coach looking at OC jobs, how in the world could you not want to come to TN? Tannehill, AJB, and Henry. Top talent and the ability to coordinate a successful offense as NFL Owners continu

Vrabel leaking just enough to make it appear he actually tried to find someone other than Downing/Carter ?  

Lynn is an awful game manager but I think he's a really good OC.

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Mike at Broadway on Hamilton...

His preferred style is best described as west coast-ish. It’s not the pure Shanahanian looks that we are more accustomed to seeing and the language is a bit different, but it’s certainly got some familiar elements, including lots of heavy personnel groupings and a balanced run-pass approach.

https://broadwaysportsmedia.com/reviewing-potential-offensive-coordinator-candidates-to-replace-arthur-smith-for-the-titans/

I was just reading that he uses a run first scheme with a multiple run look scheme - FB, 1 WR, Multiple TE sets. The issue is that he doesnt exactly run the Shanahan zone scheme. 

But guess who never has an OC either? Todd Downing. But he at least knows the verbiage from his last 3 years in coaching. 

Edited by tgo

25 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Cynic alert: this sounds like nothing more than a Rooney rule interview to me.  I guess if there were more outside candidates interviewed I'd be less likely to think this.

Fly a guy all the way out from the West Coast just cause he’s black?

His schemes have a Shanny base which is a lot of what we run.

He could keep our offense humming and add some wrinkles.

We need to jump on the RPO train to better deal with stacked boxes.

• Jonboy changed the title to Official OC Search Thread (Updates: Interviewing Pep Hamilton, Texans Block Tim Kelly)
  • Jonboy changed the title to Official OC Search Thread