Jaguars Hiring Urban Meyer

tgo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meyer would be doing us a favour if he took any of our defensive coaches.

Thank You God!

I don’t really know how to feel about this. I don’t think it gives the Jags much stability at the HC spot because Meyer has a track record of quitting. Who knows how this guy will feel every year. He could also be another failed college to NFL coaching. He’s going to have to put significantly more time into being an NFL HC than he did with college. 

At the same time Meyer is a good football coach. Every time he has left he left the program he took over in better shape than he received it. I think the upside is there with him. I am intrigued to see who is on his staff. 

Hopefully tradition continues and Jags fuck this up like they seem to fuck up every good thing they have going for them. 

@tgo Think this could potentially hurt us even more regarding assistant coaches? Regarding any Ohio State connections, now Vrabel and Meyer could be fighting for some of the same guys.

Plus, Arthur will almost certainly try and pull some of our current folks away wherever he lands.

@Jonboy mind sharing your thoughts on Lawrence? I really don’t see the hype in this kid. Someone posted a tweet recently where a reporter went to look at his stats over time at Clemson and just came away gushing about how good Watson was. Not to mention this kid didn’t even come close or put a dent in a lot of statistical categories compared to Boyd (lol) and Watson. 

With Luck, I would watch his games and get the hype. But this kid is the next Luck? Nah don’t see it at all. I’ve watched both bowl games the last two years he’s been in and been left scratching my head as to why so many like this kid.

3 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

@tgo Think this could potentially hurt us even more regarding assistant coaches? Regarding any Ohio State connections, now Vrabel and Meyer could be fighting for some of the same guys.

Plus, Arthur will almost certainly try and pull some of our current folks away wherever he lands.

Yeah, I think we're gonna have coach attrition moreso than at any point under Vrabel's tenure thus far, but it will depend on contracts. 

Ryan Crow, Scott Booker, and even Shane Bowen are guys that Meyer could potentially look at. 

I would expect Arthur Smith would love to bring along pretty much any offensive coach other than Pat O'Hara