Jump to content

Be Jon Robinson - Titans Opt-Outs


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ctm said:

 

I can see the 1st 4 draft picks on defense:  DL, OLB, ILB, slot CB, in no particular order.  Then they still need some depth behind them.

 

Bottom line to me....everything depends on the actual cap number and what they decide to do about Wilson and the RT spot.  Both are unknowns as of today.

 

I'm probably in the minority but I don't see the first 4 picks being all defense with the retooling of the roster to clear cap room OL and WR could vault up the list of needs.

 

Go and watch the Baldy breakdown of the Ravens playoff loss and tell me you can have Kelly starting at RT if you make the playoffs next season, with the stubborn run first approach Vrabel doubles down on in the playoffs you simply can't have a guy at RT like Kelly get pushed around as badly as he did on Sunday.

 

JRob has shown how much he values a big mauling run blocking RT with the draft capital spent on Conklin/Wilson and with Wilson looking like a bust don't be shocked if JRob takes another shot at finding the medium term answer at RT on day 1/2 (more likely day 2) of the 2021 draft

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Titans have a number of veteran starters who have buy-out clauses this offseason. We don't know what the salary cap will be in 2021. But there is always some desire to create cap space to add an

I don't trust Jackson. He's not anywhere near what a #1 CB should be.

It will be difficult to cut Butler. He is the only CB who didn’t have a terrible year.    Vaccaro is the easiest cut on the team, he sucks. Agree that Kelly and Humphries can go 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

 

I'm probably in the minority but I don't see the first 4 picks being all defense with the retooling of the roster to clear cap room OL and WR could vault up the list of needs.

 

Go and watch the Baldy breakdown of the Ravens playoff loss and tell me you can have Kelly starting at RT if you make the playoffs next season, with the stubborn run first approach Vrabel doubles down on in the playoffs you simply can't have a guy at RT like Kelly get pushed around as badly as he did on Sunday.

 

JRob has shown how much he values a big mauling run blocking RT with the draft capital spent on Conklin/Wilson and with Wilson looking like a bust don't be shocked if JRob takes another shot at finding the medium term answer at RT on day 1/2 (more likely day 2) of the 2021 draft

I agree.  If they let Davis go, do they sign a vet starter type in WR or just go with a high rookie pick?  I do think that if both Kelly and Davis depart, they do sign a solid starter in FA to replace one of those guys so they don't have to reach for both a WR and RT with one of the early picks.

 

5 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

 

I don't trust Jackson. He's not anywhere near what a #1 CB should be.

He's merely solid.  But clearly a tier below Butler (who's a borderline #1 CB).  That's why I don't have any issue with them adding to the CB group whether it be draft or FA.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My Decisions if I were Jon Robinson:

 

Restructure Tannehill and save $15M

Restructure Lewan and save $7M

Cut Vaccaro and save $4M

Cut Humphries and save $4.75M

Cut Kelly and save $3.75M

 

I would restructure Lewan or Byard, but not both. There is little to no risk restructuring Tannehill and Lewan should be reduced given the suspension and injury. He owes us one for the suspension. 
 

All of the sudden we have $40M+ in cap space just doing that. And guess what, Butler is still here. Just guessing, but I bet Malcolm would take a pay cut to stay here because a pay cut from us is likely more than he gets on a deflated Free Agent market. 

For our own free agents, I wouldn’t spend more than $7M per season on Davis. He disappears in big games and doesn’t take the top off the defense. We need someone that brings a better punch to the table if we are spending big $. 
 

Jonnu is someone I would re-sign depending on $. He’s a team player and in a contract year didn’t bitch about having to become a blocker. But he doesn’t run great routes and is a spot we could possibly upgrade.
 

Bottom Line: I would bring one of Davis or Jonnu back

 

 

Edited by AvgJoe
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

My Decisions if I were Jon Robinson:

 

Restructure Tannehill and save $15M

Restructure Lewan and save $7M

Cut Vaccaro and save $4M

Cut Humphries and save $4.75M

Cut Kelly and save $3.75M

 

I would restructure Lewan or Byard, but not both. There is little to no risk restructuring Tannehill and Lewan should be reduced given the suspension and injury. He owes us one for the suspension. 
 

All of the sudden we have $40M+ in cap space just doing that. And guess what, Butler is still here. Just guessing, but I bet Malcolm would take a pay cut to stay here because a pay cut from us is likely more than he gets on a deflated Free Agent market. 

For our own free agents, I wouldn’t spend more than $7M per season on Davis. He disappears in big games and doesn’t take the top off the defense. We need someone that brings a better punch to the table if we are spending big $. 
 

Jonnu is someone I would re-sign depending on $. He’s a team player and in a contract year didn’t bitch about having to become a blocker. But he doesn’t run great routes and is a spot we could possibly upgrade.
 

Bottom Line: I would bring one of Davis or Jonnu back

 

 

NWIF Davis comes back for $7MM.  He’ll likely get double that elsewhere. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A vet option that may be available might be Tyrell Williams of the Raiders who may be cut.  I remember us being at least a little interested in him when he was an FA a few years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rns90 said:

A vet option that may be available might be Tyrell Williams of the Raiders who may be cut.  I remember us being at least a little interested in him when he was an FA a few years ago.

Big injury concerns. He’s barely been able to be on the field. Hump has played more games with us then he has as a Raider lol.

 

I would say some guys that would be better fits would be:

Nelson Aglohor - LV

Julian Edelman – NE (if released)

T.Y. Hilton - IND

Rashard Higgins – CLE

Keelan Cole - JAC

Kendrick Bourne - SF

David Moore – SEA

 

Guys who won’t really break the bank. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Big injury concerns. He’s barely been able to be on the field. Hump has played more games with us then he has as a Raider lol.

 

I would say some guys that would be better fits would be:

Nelson Aglohor - LV

Julian Edelman – NE (if released)

T.Y. Hilton - IND

Rashard Higgins – CLE

Keelan Cole - JAC

Kendrick Bourne - SF

David Moore – SEA

 

Guys who won’t really break the bank. 

Higgins and Moore may provide the most bang for buck.  Hilton adds a deep play dimension but it seems like he's becoming injury prone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd cut Adoree, keep Vaccaro (too much dead cap) let Jonnu and Davis walk, resign Desmond King, try to resign Jayon long term and Clowney to a one year deal. Try to resign Daquon Jones to a 2 year deal. 

 

Offense

Let Firkser be TE 1. 

AJ Brown WR 1

Free agent/Early round draft pick WR2

Tajae Sharpe WR3

 

Defense

Clowney Jones Simmons

Landry Brown Long Evans

Butler King

Byard Vaccaro

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not cut Butler, but Adoree is not worth the money.  Drop Kelly, Ques, Vacarro and Byard.  I hate to say this because I have been a huge supporter of his for years, but I think it's time to move on from Henry. We are way too predictable with him, and when we are passing he's dead weight.  This rotation of running him on 1st and 2nd then passing on 3rd is wearing thin.  Evans and Foreman could produce what we need from that position. McNichols is just a small fullback. Speaking of, we are getting very little use out of Blasingame too.  We need a more upbeat offense, and with the accuracy of Tanne it's criminal not to throw more.  Dump Raymond, Davis, Batson and Humphries. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Gonna be a tough ass offseason for Jrob. Needs: DC, OC, RT, LG, 2xCB, WR2. Sheesh. Good thing we got Tannehill, Henry and Brown. 

 

Not sure what happens with Saffold but the way he was speaking in the end of year interviews he sounded like a guy fully expecting to be back in 2021.

 

The starting outside CB in 2021 will be Adoree and Fulton.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

 

Not sure what happens with Saffold but the way he was speaking in the end of year interviews he sounded like a guy fully expecting to be back in 2021.

 

The starting outside CB in 2021 will be Adoree and Fulton.


Almost wish they just completely rebuilt the room and move on from Adoree and Butler. Adoree is going to most likely be a waste of $10M.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:


Almost wish they just completely rebuilt the room and move on from Adoree and Butler. Adoree is going to most likely be a waste of $10M.

 

Not sure you can write Adoree off yet he came off a 4 month injury layoff into an absolute abomination of a defense, people are quick to forget just how good he was when healthy in the 2019 playoffs.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

 

Not sure you can write Adoree off yet he came off a 4 month injury layoff into an absolute abomination of a defense, people are quick to forget just how good he was when healthy in the 2019 playoffs.


Maybe. Just think the lack of ball skills has always been there and now going into year 5, I don’t think it’s going to develop. He is going to struggle vs #1 WRs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...