Be Jon Robinson - Titans Opt-Outs

3 minutes ago, tgo said:

Cut Humphries, Vaccaro, Kelly, Butler. 

Keep Saffold. 

Kelly is the toughest call though with the Isaiah Wilson situatio,, but I think we could replicate Kelly's "success" with Sambrailo or Quessenberry or maybe even Newhouse until a rookie is ready (we definitely need to draft a RT in the mid rounds at least). 

It will be difficult to cut Butler. He is the only CB who didn’t have a terrible year. 

Vaccaro is the easiest cut on the team, he sucks. Agree that Kelly and Humphries can go 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Titans have a number of veteran starters who have buy-out clauses this offseason. We don't know what the salary cap will be in 2021. But there is always some desire to create cap space to add an

I don't trust Jackson. He's not anywhere near what a #1 CB should be.

I really want to know if Adoree was healthy these last few weeks. Between the horrific play there and the total lack of awareness in the NE playoff game last year, it is a mistake for him to be our to

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

It will be difficult to cut Butler. He is the only CB who didn’t have a terrible year. 

Vaccaro is the easiest cut on the team, he sucks. Agree that Kelly and Humphries can go 

Can't have a 31/32 year old corner making 14M in a tight cap situation. 

He was one of the few good players on defense though, so it sucks. And one of the most fiery and competitive/feisty guys on the team. But he does have limitations, he's not exactly Ty Law. 

But if they found a way to keep him, I'd be all in for another year. 

Edited by tgo
51 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

As a note as far as positional spending goes, we have a lot of money in:

Secondary - 9 players under contract - $51,368,322 devoted to the cap - 28.79% of the cap - #1 in spending at this position group in the league

Offensive Line - 12 players under contract - $48,345,153 devoted to the cap - 27.10% of the cap - #7 in spending at this position group in the league

Those are the two groups that are in need of the most changes in terms of dollars. Those two position groups cover more than half of the teams salary.

Unbelievable we have the #1 spending in the secondary and literally the worst passing defense. Again more irrefutable proof that defensive coaching sucks donkey balls. 

Edit, Butler played his ass off this year and is literally the only one on defense actually living up to his salary. 

Edited by Supdawg
5 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

It's very hard to justify cutting Butler and Kelly given the resume of Adoree to date and the fact Fulton's impact was minimal so far.  And obviously Wilson completely failing leaves RT as needing upgrading.

The thing with Kelly is the injuries though, totally different than Butler's situation.  I think they could probably survive with Sambraillo + mid round pick as the RT plan.

Modifying Tannehill's deal obviously is the biggest mechanism.  Lewan next.  I also think they could contemplate short term extensions for Butler and Saffold given their age but still being productive.

Humphries is probably gone but he could also be a hedge against Davis leaving at least early on - assuming he's recovered from the concussion and the Davis replacement is a rookie. 

I'd keep Butler over Saffold. More CBs are needed and Butler's playing at a very high level. Saffold may be the better player per his position, but losing our one successful DB on a historically bad defense seems like a much bigger hole to fill.

We still need to draft another CB early. My suggestion would be to eat Butler's cost for 1 more year until another rookie is ready to start, and Fuller is ready (or we know he's not starter material). Adoree has stayed banged up quite a bit and doesn't currently seem worth a massive 2nd contract. We have to develop at least one starting CB in house.

28 minutes ago, tgo said:

Can't have a 31/32 year old corner making 14M in a tight cap situation. 

He was one of the few good players on defense though, so it sucks. And one of the most fiery and competitive/feisty guys on the team. But he does have limitations, he's not exactly Ty Law. 

But if they found a way to keep him, I'd be all in for another year. 

You can't have Adoree making 10 M when he's injury prone, lacks ball skills. and is a wildly inconsistent tackler either.

1 hour ago, BudsOilers said:

It's very hard to justify cutting Butler and Kelly given the resume of Adoree to date and the fact Fulton's impact was minimal so far.  And obviously Wilson completely failing leaves RT as needing upgrading.

Even with Butler playing well, they still finished as a shit defense.  Better to roll with Fulton and Jackson and use that money elsewhere.  And I like Butler.