4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I'm keeping Jonnu

For what price though?

He probably waits for Hunter Henry to sign to boost his market. TE contracts are all over the place the last few years. 

Kittle and Kelce are on a different level and are paid like it. Hooper somehow got the Browns to pay him a bunch. Then Waller signs a major discount deal in the middle of a breakout season. Higbee got a nice deal which is really what I think Jonnu should be signed at. Henry probably signs for Hooper numbers. 

IDK I want to keep Jonnu because he is a good piece to have, but I also don't think he is worth overpaying for. In a perfect world I would like to see Jonnu and Corey Davis back but it seems like we are going to have to pick between the 2. Good chance Jonnu is the guy over CD if there can only be one. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jonnu is a good TE, but he has always been a better athlete than a technician. He is a huge threat as a receiver but he doesn’t run routes that well.   I can see re-signing him, but they cer

Because we watch the games and can routinely watch him run routes that aren't great....   Watch the tape. Hes getting the ball in space by play design. Chipping at the line and slipping out,

Guy wasnt able to be the dominant force he could be because he spent most of his time chip blocking for backup tackles.

4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I'm keeping Jonnu

Only if the coordinator is gonna scheme towards him and make use of his potential, otherwise Firkser is a strong replacement and we could use that money on the D line or other areas of bigger need.

I don’t care if Jonnu is averaging 100yrds and 2TDs a game with one hand...if our Dline is last in sacks again.

I want someone like a Pat Freiermuth but only if he drops to the 2nd round... which might not be likely. I'm in the office today or I'd post highlights.

I only resign Jonnu if he's relatively cheap. If we have to scheme him open then he doesn't provide enough value imo. I want someone who can consistently find the holes in zones and beat single man coverage. Then if they double Brown or Davis (if he's resigned) then we go to the TE all day long. If they play zone then we go to him all day long until they switch to man. Then we go outside until they play over the top coverage. Once they do that, we go back to the TE in single coverage. Once they're worried about all of that.. you run Henry down their throats.

Edited by reo