• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jonnu is a good TE, but he has always been a better athlete than a technician. He is a huge threat as a receiver but he doesn’t run routes that well.   I can see re-signing him, but they cer

Because we watch the games and can routinely watch him run routes that aren't great....   Watch the tape. Hes getting the ball in space by play design. Chipping at the line and slipping out,

Guy wasnt able to be the dominant force he could be because he spent most of his time chip blocking for backup tackles.

Depends. If Arthur stays, then I think you can get away with letting him walk. Arthur has made a noticeable coaching impact on our TE group. But Jonnu is still a weapon, so it’s not about an upgrade, IMO. Nor would we easily find an upgrade with all the other holes we have to fill. 

Both Jonnu and Corey cost themselves some money in the wildcard. But if I had to choose, it would be dependent on whether or not Arthur stays. 

This is a tough one because we don't know what all he was asked to do. Even Swaim disappeared down the stretch and he was really flashing in the passing game for a bit there. I really do believe had Lewan not gone down Jonnu was on pace to break out. His disappearance falls right in line with that. 

I have not heard this, but it would not surprise me if JRob and Vrabel discussed with him that we needed him to block b/c tackle problems, and that he would be rewarded .. He never complained about that role, even though it was a contract year, and IMO, deserves consideration because of it

It wasn't until I jumped back into the world of fantasy football that it became obvious just how dire the TE position is in the NFL star wise. This year you had Kelce and then Waller and then the drop off was pretty huge. Kittle got hurt so maybe he makes the big 3. It's unrealistic to expect much better than Smith but that also means replacing him shouldn't be too hard and would likely be cheaper than paying him.

Edited by OzTitan

We run a presnap offense where the first read gets the ball 80% of the time. The TE - any player really -  only produces when it's schemed to him.

I have no idea who we should keep or cut in that system where we try to make every player almost interchangeable.

I also think he was limited in what he could do based on teams loading the box. Its too crowded for him to be open quickly and we have to use him to protect for longer developing stuff.

Jonnu doesnt do well getting open on his own but I'm not sure he was asked to.

Find the coordinator first... then decide who to keep. We need to hurry up and figure it out though.

3 hours ago, TampaTitan said:

I really do believe had Lewan not gone down Jonnu was on pace to break out. His disappearance falls right in line with that.

There's no denying that Lewan's injury had a huge impact on the entire offense. Hopefully he can recover before the start of next season.

4 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Jonnu is a good TE, but he has always been a better athlete than a technician. He is a huge threat as a receiver but he doesn’t run routes that well.

I can see re-signing him, but they certainly shouldn’t break the bank to do it.

My thoughts exactly.

10 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Jonnu is a good TE, but he has always been a better athlete than a technician. He is a huge threat as a receiver but he doesn’t run routes that well.

I can see re-signing him, but they certainly shouldn’t break the bank to do it.

This. His route running isn't great. He's a great athlete, but it hasn't improved really. Good blocker---underrated in that area, IMO, but his production could be gotten from Pruitt and Firkser for less. I'd keep Davis over Jonnu, but I DO think Jonnu is a good TE.