The Interception to Raymond

7 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

The nfl game pass sideline angle shows it and as I referenced in the OP, NFLN magnified those two guys which is where it's apparent.  The left arm of Peters causes Raymond to fall.

Again, this is completely moot IF the ball was tipped which is inconclusive.

It's certainly not the worst PI call ever not called and a saavy move by Peters but Raymond definitely didn't just fall down on his own.

I don't think the ball was tipped

Wasn't really close

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The criticism on Tannehill is ridiculous. No one bitched last year when Tannehill went deep to Raymond in clutch situations. Next man up. Raymond ran into the defender and fell over; it was 100% Raymo

You dont make raymond the 1at read for the game deciding play of the season.   Thats the issue i have with this offense. We use almost everyone as interchangeable pieces and RT is a 1 read Q

So dumb.  I'm sure Tannehill, while going through his reads with defenders bearing down on him, thinks 'well, I know my first read is open, but he's a backup so I should move off him to the second rea

9 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

The nfl game pass sideline angle shows it and as I referenced in the OP, NFLN magnified those two guys which is where it's apparent.  The left arm of Peters causes Raymond to fall.

Again, this is completely moot IF the ball was tipped which is inconclusive.

It's certainly not the worst PI call ever not called and a saavy move by Peters but Raymond definitely didn't just fall down on his own.

That's good enough for me then.  Moving on to next season...

Edited by OilerTitanHybrid
3 hours ago, bizzyeddie said:

I think he's making the point that the coaches shouldn't be making raymond the first read at a crucial time of the game.

Tannehill didn't go thru any reads on that play

Ha ha. Do you understand how plays work? Davis was the 1st read on that play. He went out. His replacement was the first read. 

19 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

No, people killed Marcus for not throwing it to the open read and then holding the ball to either get sacked or scramble for 3 yards.....Not to mention the inaccurate passes, off timed throws, etc.

And BTW. everyone here remembers what happened the last time dumb dumb had to play against the Ravens......0 points, 11 sacks (6 or 7 directly on him)......

Wrong

If you could replace marcus with tannehill for this one play then there would be no question it was the QBs fault.

The bias is insane.

And I know Mariota sucked and Im all in with tannehill but still...

11 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

Wrong

If you could replace marcus with tannehill for this one play then there would be no question it was the QBs fault.

The bias is insane.

And I know Mariota sucked and Im all in with tannehill but still...

If they had replaced Tannehill with Marcus for this one play, Mariota likely would have never thrown the ball and been sacked.......

There's no bias here.  The INT most definitely had nothing to do with Tannehill.

I would assume this play had the safety as the first read post snap. He probably assumed the safety would head towards AJ Brown's side... but he didn't. Missed chance by Tannehill.  Ball probably should've gone to Brown. Happens.

But I haven't watched it since the game.

On to the draft.

Edited by reo
35 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

If they had replaced Tannehill with Marcus for this one play, Mariota likely would have never thrown the ball and been sacked.......

There's no bias here.  The INT most definitely had nothing to do with Tannehill.

Perfect

1 hour ago, EagleEye said:

You guys crack me up.  OS and others think nothing wrong when RT makes a one read but kill Marcus for the same thing.  It's so hypocritical, it's insane.

After searching through post historys on this board... The biggest gripe was actually Mariota not knowing how to be a competent QB when his first read was taken away. He would either focus too much on it and not make a throw, get all flustered and frantic moving around waiting for the other reads or just scramble and usually right into a DLinemen.

Tell us again how Tannehill throwing to a guy who fell over is hypocritical.

5 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

After searching through post historys on this board... The biggest gripe was actually Mariota not knowing how to be a competent QB when his first read was taken away. He would either focus too much on it and not make a throw, get all flustered and frantic moving around waiting for the other reads or just scramble and usually right into a DLinemen.

There were plenty of examples where he had one read and for some reason wouldn't throw it or threw it off-timed too.  Just way to bad all around once the scouting report was out on him.

3 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

If you truly believe that interception had nothing to do with tannehill then you are nuts.

No doubt that Raymond needs to stay on his feet and try to make s play or at least not allow the ball to be intercepted but the notion that tannehill did everything perfect is ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

If you truly believe that interception had nothing to do with tannehill then you are nuts.

No doubt that Raymond needs to stay on his feet and try to make s play or at least not allow the ball to be intercepted but the notion that tannehill did everything perfect is ridiculous.

No, it merely shows you have no idea what you are talking about.  The interception was NOT Tannehill's fault. 

4 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

No, people killed Marcus for not throwing it to the open read and then holding the ball to either get sacked or scramble for 3 yards.....Not to mention the inaccurate passes, off timed throws, etc.

And BTW. everyone here remembers what happened the last time dumb dumb had to play against the Ravens......0 points, 11 sacks (6 or 7 directly on him)......

Typical hypocritical response.  Different year same person.

3 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Do you guys have reading deprivation?  I was talking about 1 read QB's and killing one but not the other.