The Interception to Raymond

32 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

Tannehill actually had a clean pocket on that play and raymond was not clearly open ..it was a tight window throw.  I think the fact that the defender was right there indicates he wasn't open.

If raymond was his target he should have at least looked the safety off....a simple glance to AJ would have done that.  Middle of the field would have opened up and tannehill could have led raymond away from peters.   The safety reading tannehills eyes forced the throw and raymond back into peters.

wide open by nfl standards. He made the right read and threw a perfect ball, harping on this play is pointless.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The criticism on Tannehill is ridiculous. No one bitched last year when Tannehill went deep to Raymond in clutch situations. Next man up. Raymond ran into the defender and fell over; it was 100% Raymo

You dont make raymond the 1at read for the game deciding play of the season.   Thats the issue i have with this offense. We use almost everyone as interchangeable pieces and RT is a 1 read Q

So dumb.  I'm sure Tannehill, while going through his reads with defenders bearing down on him, thinks 'well, I know my first read is open, but he's a backup so I should move off him to the second rea

6 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Not to mention that something like 80% of all throws are on the first read......

exactly. fans don't even realize what they are arguing. Look at the numbers for Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc.... on 1st read throws. Its because they made the right presnap read. 

And back to the OP, if you watch the sideline view (broadcast and coaches film), you can see Peters use his left arm to shove Raymond down. 

Now, there's some debate on whether the ball was tipped, which of course would negate that from being an issue, but if it was, it was literally skimming a finger of #99.

Like others have pointed out, this one play isn't why they lost. 

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

exactly. fans don't even realize what they are arguing. Look at the numbers for Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc.... on 1st read throws. Its because they made the right presnap read. 

This. 

It drives me nuts when biased posters rip a QB for not "going through his reads." They have no idea what they are talking about. On most plays, QBs only go through a couple options. Pre-snap recognition is where the best QBs shine. They know where to go with the ball before they snap it. When Rodgers does it and throws a quick slant, no one complains about him "staring down his receiver." 

Recognize the coverage, pick the right matchup, know where the extra rusher is coming from and either adjust protection or attack the vacated zone. Throw the ball in under 2 seconds and nullify any rush. The mental side is huge.

6 minutes ago, cenj said:

This. 

It drives me nuts when biased posters rip a QB for not "going through his reads." They have no idea what they are talking about. On most plays, QBs only go through a couple options. Pre-snap recognition is where the best QBs shine. They know where to go with the ball before they snap it. When Rodgers does it and throws a quick slant, no one complains about him "staring down his receiver." 

Recognize the coverage, pick the right matchup, know where the extra rusher is coming from and either adjust protection or attack the vacated zone. Throw the ball in under 2 seconds and nullify any rush. The mental side is huge.

First off I'm not biased and actually enjoy debating one particular play.

This happened to be a playoff game ending play.

Very few people on this board want to do that.  Let's talk about Rodgers...or Mariota nut huggers.

Quit being vague and talk about the play or just say you don't have access to it and maybe listen to those that do.

Just now, OilerTitanHybrid said:

Where's another angle of this play?  I haven't seen one if there is one.  Unless there is one, we'll never see what Peters left arm was doing when Raymond fell down, because Peters left arm is hidden behind Raymond.

On the broadcast. They give you the end zone view in replay...which technically doesn't show AJs route but after commercial break they show sideline view which they point out that AJ is wide open....he does beat his man but still not blatantly obvious as they make it out to be IMO.

Sideline view confirms raymond ran into peters and fell down.

It would have been a yucky tac PI call had they made it.

Raymond could have ran thru him which may have drawn the flag but he held up and tripped over peters feet.

13 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

Quit being vague and talk about the play or just say you don't have access to it and maybe listen to those that do.

I've already talked about the specific play multiple times. Literally, the previous comment I made in the thread discussed this exact play. Lots of people are discussing it.

And I wasn't directing this comment at you; I have no idea who you are and I skipped over your posts.

29 minutes ago, OilerTitanHybrid said:

Where's another angle of this play?  I haven't seen one if there is one.  Unless there is one, we'll never see what Peters left arm was doing when Raymond fell down, because Peters left arm is hidden behind Raymond.

The nfl game pass sideline angle shows it and as I referenced in the OP, NFLN magnified those two guys which is where it's apparent.  The left arm of Peters causes Raymond to fall.

Again, this is completely moot IF the ball was tipped which is inconclusive.

It's certainly not the worst PI call ever not called and a saavy move by Peters but Raymond definitely didn't just fall down on his own.

3 minutes ago, EagleEye said:

You guys crack me up.  OS and others think nothing wrong when RT makes a one read but kill Marcus for the same thing.  It's so hypocritical, it's insane.

No, people killed Marcus for not throwing it to the open read and then holding the ball to either get sacked or scramble for 3 yards.....Not to mention the inaccurate passes, off timed throws, etc.

And BTW. everyone here remembers what happened the last time dumb dumb had to play against the Ravens......0 points, 11 sacks (6 or 7 directly on him)......

24 minutes ago, cenj said:

I've already talked about the specific play multiple times. Literally, the previous comment I made in the thread discussed this exact play. Lots of people are discussing it.

And I wasn't directing this comment at you; I have no idea who you are and I skipped over your posts.

Well I wasn't directly speaking to you with that comment even though it obviously appeared that way... more of a general comment.