The Interception to Raymond

BudsOilers

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The criticism on Tannehill is ridiculous. No one bitched last year when Tannehill went deep to Raymond in clutch situations. Next man up. Raymond ran into the defender and fell over; it was 100% Raymo

You dont make raymond the 1at read for the game deciding play of the season.   Thats the issue i have with this offense. We use almost everyone as interchangeable pieces and RT is a 1 read Q

So dumb.  I'm sure Tannehill, while going through his reads with defenders bearing down on him, thinks 'well, I know my first read is open, but he's a backup so I should move off him to the second rea

I haven't seen a replay other than what was shown during the broadcast, but my impression was Raymond basically ran a route right into the defender. Peters may have come forward for the ball but as a defender you can't really help it if the receiver is making a beeline right for you. It seemed like Raymond should have flattened just a little bit to undercut the pass well before Peters could have gotten near it. Although he doesn't really have the size to reliably do that. The pass was ideal for Corey Davis.

37 minutes ago, BaddKarma said:

Pushed down, fell down, whatever. He should not have been on the field in that situation and RT17 should have never considered him as an option, ever...

Who should have been out there?

6 hours ago, titanruss said:

You dont make raymond the 1at read for the game deciding play of the season.

Thats the issue i have with this offense. We use almost everyone as interchangeable pieces and RT is a 1 read QB. He's great at it... he delivers with accuracy... but it all hinges on the OC making the call, the QB doing a presnap read... and 3/4 of the time its going to the first read.

AJ had an easier matchup.. AJ got open. We threw to tiny little Raymond for the season.

No matter... we werent going anywhere anyhow with this defense and Vrabel playing so conservative. Two years in a row we are up 10 in the playoffs and lose. ...

JRob needs to have a talk about the hiring of 3 coordinators and letting the OC run the plays.

It was 2nd and 5

So not necessarily the game deciding play.

He had Henry in the flat with a lot of green grass in front of him...easy first down.

8 minutes ago, japan said:

So dumb.  I'm sure Tannehill, while going through his reads with defenders bearing down on him, thinks 'well, I know my first read is open, but he's a backup so I should move off him to the second read.'  This whole argument is laughable.

Its almost always the Young and Mariota nut huggers who perpetuate this nonsense.

41 minutes ago, japan said:

So dumb.  I'm sure Tannehill, while going through his reads with defenders bearing down on him, thinks 'well, I know my first read is open, but he's a backup so I should move off him to the second read.'  This whole argument is laughable.

I think he's making the point that the coaches shouldn't be making raymond the first read at a crucial time of the game.

Tannehill didn't go thru any reads on that play