Titans 2021 Off-Season Primer

1 hour ago, titanskick8851 said:

I doubt that would happen under Vrabel. Also shoot I don't hate the call. It was actually just a great play by Westbrook to stop it. 

He should've ran it up the ladder to the Interim HC, but hey it's Detroit, so I am not surprised that something like that would happen.

I actually thought the guy got the first on that fake.  Was a poor spot.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2021 Titans Off-Season Primer   Overview: Despite a roster that clearly had flaws and an early playoff exit along with the best offense we have seen since the Titans came to Nashville, 2020

Robinson has done a very solid job since getting hired 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

I really miss having Mike and Superhorns content easily available. Though it’s awesome those guys are getting paid, no part of me can justify paying $10/mo for that site. Especially when something like the Athletic is $7.99/mo (or less with promos). 😤 

It’s a shame because those two really put out some of the top Titans content I’ve read over the years. 

19 minutes ago, Aramis said:

I really miss having Mike and Superhorns content easily available. Though it’s awesome those guys are getting paid, no part of me can justify paying $10/mo for that site. Especially when something like the Athletic is $7.99/mo (or less with promos). 😤 

It’s a shame because those two really put out some of the top Titans content I’ve read over the years. 

I did the free trial to read the cap article and it’s very good. But no way would I pay $10 per month for content like that when Twitter and message boards exist. $4 and I’d probably do it, but they have overshot their mark with their price point. Matt Miller is likely doing the same. 

11 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

I did the free trial to read the cap article and it’s very good. But no way would I pay $10 per month for content like that when Twitter and message boards exist. $4 and I’d probably do it, but they have overshot their mark with their price point. Matt Miller is likely doing the same. 

Cap stuff is easy to figure out - OTC and Spotrac both have that stuff easily accessible.

1 hour ago, AvgJoe said:

Just signed up for Matt’s site because I love researching the draft and it’s only $7/month and he is planning on doing a lot of interactive stuff with members. He also has legit NFL contacts compared to The Draft Network (although I do like a lot of their stuff).

Was signed up with Broadway, but really only cared for some of Mike’s stuff, along with @Superhorn breakdowns so I didn’t re-up.

14 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Was thinking about this the other day after I heard that Mahomes was the equal oldest of the 4 remaining AFC QB left in the playoffs.

The AFC is absolutely loaded with young QB.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08
16 hours ago, AvgJoe said:

They run $5 specials all the time. That’s why I did and it’s worth it absolutely. Especially if you care about other Nashville sports like the preds. 

10 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Was thinking about this the other day after I heard that Mahomes was the equal oldest of the 4 remaining AFC QB left in the playoffs.

The AFC is absolutely loaded with young QB.

It seems like there are more good to great QB's coming in the NFL than before.  Honestly, 2016-2020 maybe the best five years in terms of QB drafting.  Each has at least two successful QB's.  

2020- Burrow-AFC and Herbert-AFC both look great.  Not to mention Tua (I think overrated), Love and Hurts could prove to be decent as well.

2019-Murray-NFC maybe, Jones-NFC maybe

2018- Mayfield-AFC looks good, not great.  Allen- Looks great.  Jackson looks dynamic, though his career will likely be short lived and he is not a traditional QB.

2017- Mahomes-AFC and Watson-AFC look great.  Meanwhile, the freaking NFC gets Trubisky.

2016- Goff and Wentz are okay at best

2015- All busts. 

2014- Bortles and Manziel, busts.  Carr is best of this class- AFC.

2013- All busts.

2012- Luck- Great but gone.  RGIII- meh even before the injury, Tannehill-  Good, AFC.  Wilson- Great- NFC

2011- Newton had a good run, but washed up.  Kaepernick- Good, but not great.  

2010- Busts

2009- Stafford- Underperformed, but good

2008- Ryan- Good

2007- Busts

2005- Smith-Good, Rodgers- HOF.

2004- Eli Manning, Rivers and Rothlesberger.

Obviously, the QB class of 1983 still stands as the best ever, but the drafts around it are meh.  ( I still can't believe the Chiefs took Blackledge over Jim Kelly or Dan Marino.  Heck, even Tony Eason or Ken O'Brien were better than him.

That is how I know how Chicago fans feel when they look at Trubisky vs. Watson and Mahomes.  (though, to be fair, Trubisky is better than Blackledge ever was.)

Luck's reputation coming into the draft still serves him so well. If you take a zoomed out approach, for him to be considered the best QB prospect since Elway, he actually disappointed.