Titans 2021 Off-Season Primer

Just now, BudsOilers said:

Very curious to see where the 2021 cap comes in at as where they think they'll be in terms of fans/revenue for the fall.  Every team is affected but 1/3 of the league has minimal cap space or are over it and there's no question IMO that owners will not being throwing crazy money around until things are normal economically.

There has been reports that the old guard of NFL owners (Jones/Mara/Kroenke etc) want to make sure the players take their share of the covid financial losses immediately and are pushing for the $175 million cap floor to be enforced for 2021.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2021 Titans Off-Season Primer   Overview: Despite a roster that clearly had flaws and an early playoff exit along with the best offense we have seen since the Titans came to Nashville, 2020

Robinson has done a very solid job since getting hired 

Posted Images

Saffold may be a surprise cut if they are comfortable with Brewer starting.

From the list: Floyd was a guy that I thought they might be interested in but he might cost too much.  I think it's a lot easier to sign some mid level edge guy with length and size to play run downs and draft a nickel rusher high in the draft.

Also there's still a ton of players to be added to list as cap cuts will be made.

7 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

Exactly. I hope a Edge, DL, LB, or DB is the pick. I need to get caught up on prospects. I’d also be fine with a WR if we don’t re-sign Davis. Perfectly fine taking an OLineman after Round 1, ideally in Round 3 or 4

If as expected the top 3 WR (Chase/Smith/Waddle) are long gone when the Titans pick I don't want anything to do with a first round WR in this run first offense, can fill the need later in the draft.

Given that JRob and Vrabel want to build this offense off a physical run game you simply can't rule out a first round OL.

2 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Yeah, but something about taking another OT with a pick in the top 25 just rubs me the wrong way.  Only way I would be OK with this is if the OT can play both sides and can more or less be Lewan's replacement down the line.

The way JRob does things we will have a pretty good idea after the first week of FA which positions are a possibility in the first round of the draft.

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The way JRob does things we will have a pretty good idea after the first week of FA which positions are a possibility in the first round of the draft.

The Titans are unlikely to be big spenders in FA.  They simply don't have the cap space, especially if it's at 176 M.

I'm so proud to be a Titans fan. After disappointment and frustration, now I'm full of optimism and proudness. I knew with Lewan, Brown, Clowney out for the season, that it would be a miracle to win the superbowl. At the end, it was a wildcard exit. I'm excited to see what Vrabel and JRob will do this offseason, but I'm 100% sure that we'll have a competitive team again next season. I love everyone on this forum, we are all Titans family. Sorry because sometimes my English was bad, I'll try to improve it. TITAN UP! 

31 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Saffold may be a surprise cut if they are comfortable with Brewer starting.

From the list: Floyd was a guy that I thought they might be interested in but he might cost too much.  I think it's a lot easier to sign some mid level edge guy with length and size to play run downs and draft a nickel rusher high in the draft.

Also there's still a ton of players to be added to list as cap cuts will be made.

Brewer is 6’1”/275. No way he replaces Saffold permanently in this league.

10 minutes ago, Rage4Order said:

Brewer is 6’1”/275. No way he replaces Saffold permanently in this league.

Held up well in limited action this year and this will be his first true off-season in a NFL caliber conditioning program. I almost guarantee he will come in around 295-300 lbs. in July.

13 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Robinson is a tier above Corey Davis I just don't see a way to fit Robinson in salary cap wise.

Yeah, I just don't see us paying another WR big money, especially with Brown's contract negotiations in a couple of years. Speaking of FA WR's we should keep an eye on Gollladay's negotiations with the Lions.  If he gets tagged, that means Okawara probably tests the FA market.

Edited by rns90
  • Jonboy pinned this topic