Titans 2021 Off-Season Primer

titanskick8851

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2021 Titans Off-Season Primer   Overview: Despite a roster that clearly had flaws and an early playoff exit along with the best offense we have seen since the Titans came to Nashville, 2020

The INT to Raymond is so far down the list of reasons the Titans lost to the Ravens it isn't even funny 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Interesting take from an outsider who spends a lot of time covering the Titans, Russini thinks the Titans lack on field player led leadership that is willing to stand up and hold other players accountable.

This was pretty evident by the lack of fire from anyone on the field or even on the sideline. They looked like they didn’t care at times. You expect more from Byard, Vaccaro, and Evans but we may have a bunch of betas. Landry, Adoree, Jayon. The only one with some type of fire and attitude is Simmons and to a smaller extent Butler.

2 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

This was pretty evident by the lack of fire from anyone on the field or even on the sideline. They looked like they didn’t care at times. You expect more from Byard, Vaccaro, and Evans but we may have a bunch of betas. Landry, Adoree, Jayon. The only one with some type of fire and attitude is Simmons and to a smaller extent Butler.

I get henry is a quite dude but maybe we can convince him to just walk up to people who fuck up and give them his crazy eye look from when he runs.

I think the offense has enough leadership, the defense has very little. Logan and Jurrell were those guys in the past. Byard didn't step up this year, I don't know if he has that character trait. Adoree and Landry probably don't have it. Evans never will be that guy, after watching his Bussin With the Boys episode it was clear that he's not very smart. I doubt his teammates look to him for anything other than entertainment. I could see Jayon potentially maturing into a defensive leader. He's smart, talented, and can get fired up. Doubtful though.

The closest thing we had to a defensive leader this season was Butler and he's really just more of a fearless dog than a leader, which I still love. David Long has the same fire. I hope he replaces Evans.

And I'll go ahead and vote a fat no on signing JJ Watt.

Thinking about defensive leadership, only Simmons and Butler played well enough to justify chewing someone out over bad play. I look forward to seeing leaders emerge and more talent brought in. Need to get a good DC in place to make the whole side better.

45 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Not really a surprise to see us very low in the special teams rankings.

What's interesting is that Detroit is #3...and just fired their Special Teams coach. Titans are 24th.

They would be very wise to go get Brayden Coombs. Obviously some connection as he is the son of Kerry Coombs. 

9 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

They would be very wise to go get Brayden Coombs. Obviously some connection as he is the son of Kerry Coombs. 

And got fired for going rogue and calling a fake punt bypassing the HC (against the Titans ironically)

6 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

And got fired for going rogue and calling a fake punt bypassing the HC (against the Titans ironically)

I doubt that would happen under Vrabel. Also shoot I don't hate the call. It was actually just a great play by Westbrook to stop it. 

He should've ran it up the ladder to the Interim HC, but hey it's Detroit, so I am not surprised that something like that would happen.

1 hour ago, titanskick8851 said:

I doubt that would happen under Vrabel. Also shoot I don't hate the call. It was actually just a great play by Westbrook to stop it. 

He should've ran it up the ladder to the Interim HC, but hey it's Detroit, so I am not surprised that something like that would happen.

I actually thought the guy got the first on that fake.  Was a poor spot.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic