Titans 2021 Off-Season Primer

titanskick8851

11 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Held up well in limited action this year and this will be his first true off-season in a NFL caliber conditioning program. I almost guarantee he will come in around 295-300 lbs. in July.

That would still leave us undersized by NFL standards on the left side. He’s really on the team to back up Ben Jones at center and fill in injury holes on the line. He could be the successor to Jones or even beat him out in the future though.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2021 Titans Off-Season Primer   Overview: Despite a roster that clearly had flaws and an early playoff exit along with the best offense we have seen since the Titans came to Nashville, 2020

The INT to Raymond is so far down the list of reasons the Titans lost to the Ravens it isn't even funny 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Rage4Order said:

That would still leave us undersized by NFL standards on the left side. He’s really on the team to back up Ben Jones at center and fill in injury holes on the line. He could be the successor to Jones or even beat him out in the future though.

I think they see something more long term in him. There is a reason why they kept him on the active roster through the entire year and that he played over Douglas. Give him a real off-season of strength and conditioning and he will be fine to start at LG or C if they so choose to want him to start.

8 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

I think they see something more long term in him. There is a reason why they kept him on the active roster through the entire year and that he played over Douglas. Give him a real off-season of strength and conditioning and he will be fine to start at LG or C if they so choose to want him to start.

Brewer is a guy I want to see in 2022. He can fill in on the IOL spots in 2021 but I don't think I want to hand him the keys to a starting spot yet. He needs a full offseason to get bigger and stronger and then we need to see how that translates on the field. 

I liked what I saw from him this year. Hes athletic and is a high effort guy. I wouldn't be shocked if he is our C in 2022. 

11 hours ago, AvgJoe said:

Titans need to keep the Left side of the Oline intact and Jones IMO and all starters the same while getting a new RT ready. Personally, I think Sambrailo is capable of starting while a mid round pick gets time to develop. 

Jones is going no where. Saffold while great is a possible cap casualty with his back up looking good. Kelly does not cost or save us that much but I could see it if they want to retool the line and spend cash other places.

Spotrac now shows the Titans with -4.5M in cap space for 2021.  That's based on a cap of 175M and the top 51 players.  That also includes no money for the draft class.

The Titans rank 21st in the league in available space.  The Jags rank 1st with +77M, Colts are 4th with +53M and the Texans are 26th with -20M.

10 teams have negative cap space in double digits led by the Saints with almost -100M and the Eagles with -74M.

2021 is going to be a unique year but a couple of things seem certain.  With 10 teams having double digits negative cap space, there is going to be a huge roster purge even if the league raises the cap above 175M.  In addition, teams with available space like the jags and colts are positioned to take advantage both in the short term but also long term if they choose to structure free agents contracts that way.

Edited by ctm

5 hours ago, ctm said:

Spotrac now shows the Titans with -4.5M in cap space for 2021.  That's based on a cap of 175M and the top 51 players.  That also includes no money for the draft class.

The Titans rank 21st in the league in available space.  The Jags rank 1st with +77M, Colts are 4th with +53M and the Texans are 26th with -20M.

10 teams have negative cap space in double digits led by the Saints with almost -100M and the Eagles with -74M.

2021 is going to be a unique year but a couple of things seem certain.  With 10 teams having double digits negative cap space, there is going to be a huge roster purge even if the league raises the cap above 175M.  In addition, teams with available space like the jags and colts are positioned to take advantage both in the short term but also long term if they choose to structure free agents contracts that way.

Think there might be a lot of 1yr contracts signed this year as agents position their clients to take advantage of when the cap bounces back post covid and with the new TV deals coming.

23 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

Held up well in limited action this year and this will be his first true off-season in a NFL caliber conditioning program. I almost guarantee he will come in around 295-300 lbs. in July.

I wouldn't be suprised if he was a replacement for Jones. 

Edited by e.nigma

• Jonboy pinned this topic
  • Jonboy unpinned this topic