Titans 2021 Off-Season Primer

titanskick8851

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2021 Titans Off-Season Primer   Overview: Despite a roster that clearly had flaws and an early playoff exit along with the best offense we have seen since the Titans came to Nashville, 2020

The INT to Raymond is so far down the list of reasons the Titans lost to the Ravens it isn't even funny 

Posted Images

Did get the impression from the Vrabel press conference that they would be open to bringing back Jonnu/Davis but the price has to be right.

When looking forward to the 2021 roster there are a couple of pretty easy cuts in Humphries (if he can pass a physical) and Vaccaro (this team simply needs to get more athletic defensively)

There is one guy who has a cap hit that makes it likely he gets cut in Butler (there is no doubt he is the best CB on the roster but I just don't see JRob having a 31y/o CB with a $14.2 million cap hit)

Where the real questions start is guys like Kelly and Saffold who are aging and dealt with injuries most of the year, not sure this team can afford to enter next season with 3 over 30 OL (Saffold/Jones/Kelly) who were all banged up for large stretches of this season.

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Did get the impression from the Vrabel press conference that they would be open to bringing back Jonnu/Davis but the price has to be right.

When looking forward to the 2021 roster there are a couple of pretty easy cuts in Humphries (if he can pass a physical) and Vaccaro (this team simply needs to get more athletic defensively)

There is one guy who has a cap hit that makes it likely he gets cut in Butler (there is no doubt he is the best CB on the roster but I just don't see JRob having a 31y/o CB with a $14.2 million cap hit)

Where the real questions start is guys like Kelly and Saffold who are aging and dealt with injuries most of the year, not sure this team can afford to enter next season with 3 over 30 OL (Saffold/Jones/Kelly) who were all banged up for large stretches of this season.

4 if you count Lewan (Turns 30 in July and coming off ACL tear).

4 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Truly think they are going to have to make a tough decision with Saffold. Hopefully he is open to restructuring his deal, but they may in fact want to see what Brewer can do.

Very curious to see where the 2021 cap comes in at as where they think they'll be in terms of fans/revenue for the fall.  Every team is affected but 1/3 of the league has minimal cap space or are over it and there's no question IMO that owners will not being throwing crazy money around until things are normal economically.

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I just want JRob to get back closer to taking BPA in the first round he has veered way too far to drafting purely for need, its no coincidence his best 1st round pick was Simmons who wasn't necessarily a huge immediate need.

Reaching to fill a need leads to trading up for Evans and the dumb decision to draft Wilson.

Exactly. I hope a Edge, DL, LB, or DB is the pick. I need to get caught up on prospects. I’d also be fine with a WR if we don’t re-sign Davis. Perfectly fine taking an OLineman after Round 1, ideally in Round 3 or 4

Just now, BudsOilers said:

I'd also add that this will be a very challenging year for draft evaluations.  CFB was a cluster fuck in terms of who played and who didn't.

It is shaping up to really be crazy in terms of how to evaluate. A lot of the notes from players in 2019 is going to be key!

• Jonboy pinned this topic
  • Jonboy unpinned this topic