Vrabel’s End of Season Presser

Jonboy

20 hours ago, japan said:

Oh god.  Forgot about Joseph.  Beasley is a mystery since he doesn't at all fit the Robinson guy that he's gone on record talking about.  Someone who loves the game and works.  You have to think that any LB that is brought in has Vrabel written all over it.  I could be wrong.  Robinson obviously had to go along with it.

The worst part about Beasley is that we passed on Leonard Floyd for Beasley. Floyd has played well for the rams. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Titans went 11-5 and won the division after going to the AFC title game. Robinson and Vrabel will go into the offseason, evaluate the roster and self scout. I'm confident they'll make proper adjus

If Vrabel isn't going to hire a real DC this year, then Robinson should give him the same ultimatum he gave Mularkey when it came to Robiskie.

Put me firmly in the it would be idiotic to gamble on Clowney staying healthy camp, there simply isn't salary cap room this offseason to gamble on guys who you can't be confident will be healthy and a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Downtown said:

The worst part about Beasley is that we passed on Leonard Floyd for Beasley. Floyd has played well for the rams. 

Did we really pass on him, though?  Were the Titans an option for him and we simply didn't make an offer, didn't offer enough, or....?

2 hours ago, CreepingDeath said:

Did we really pass on him, though?  Were the Titans an option for him and we simply didn't make an offer, didn't offer enough, or....?

We signed Beasley same day he was released. So maybe we didn’t see it coming. But Floyd and Beasley were both a 1 year prove-it deal. 

57 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

This year was an anomaly due to Covid. When has a team ever gone 11-5 and made the playoffs with a D mostly ranked 29 out of 32 teams?

Greatest show on turf 2000.... Saints SB team had a pretty bad defense.  Great offenses can overcome poor defenses.

Edited by japan

9 minutes ago, japan said:

Greatest show on turf 2000.... Saints SB team had a pretty bad defense.  Great offenses can overcome poor defenses.

It's happened but not the norm.  Most of the great offenses were paired with good defenses to win it all.

2006 Colts and 2009 Saints had statistically bad defenses that played better in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, BudsOilers said:

It's happened but not the norm.  Most of the great offenses were paired with good defenses to win it all.

2006 Colts and 2009 Saints had statistically bad defenses that played better in the playoffs. 

Right.  That Saints defense was bad but turned the ball over at a huge clip.  You can have a middling to shitty defense but if you are opportunistic it can still work.

43 minutes ago, japan said:

Right.  That Saints defense was bad but turned the ball over at a huge clip.  You can have a middling to shitty defense but if you are opportunistic it can still work.

I'm pretty sure turnovers is the only reason the Titans were 24th and not 32nd in scoring defense.

On 1/11/2021 at 4:01 PM, CaliTitan3518 said:

I think we got greedy with wanting to win and forgot about our culture. Good thing if they were deals that didn’t hurt us long term. 

They got lucky with Simmons and tried to pull the trigger again with Smith, but Smith had way more question marks than Big Jeff did., from a raw talent perspective. He was also younger and more immature.

2 hours ago, freakingeek said:

They got lucky with Simmons and tried to pull the trigger again with Smith, but Smith had way more question marks than Big Jeff did., from a raw talent perspective. He was also younger and more immature.

The only question mark with Simmons was how the PR hit would be (if any) and how long would it take to get him on the field again. Simmons off the field issue was more so a one off that damaged his image, but was far enough in the past that he had rebuilt his reputation. If it wasn't for the knee injury Simmons more than likely would have been a top 10 pick. 

IDK who Smith is. I am assuming you are referring to Wilson though. We missed massively on the off field stuff but at the same time there really wasn't much on him that would have raised a red flag that I can recall. Majority of the question marks were as you mentioned about his raw talent. 

53 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

The only question mark with Simmons was how the PR hit would be (if any) and how long would it take to get him on the field again. Simmons off the field issue was more so a one off that damaged his image, but was far enough in the past that he had rebuilt his reputation. If it wasn't for the knee injury Simmons more than likely would have been a top 10 pick. 

IDK who Smith is. I am assuming you are referring to Wilson though. We missed massively on the off field stuff but at the same time there really wasn't much on him that would have raised a red flag that I can recall. Majority of the question marks were as you mentioned about his raw talent. 

I meant Wilson and yes, his question marks were that he was very raw with a lot of potential. His coaches at Georgia said there were no red flags on his work ethic. Very strange situation.

6 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

I meant Wilson and yes, his question marks were that he was very raw with a lot of potential. His coaches at Georgia said there were no red flags on his work ethic. Very strange situation.

It's a head scratcher. I chalk it up to him being immature and getting a bunch of money. I definitely think us not being able to do normal visits made it a lot harder to catch things that weren't known to be there. 

Even doing regular job interviews through zoom has been deceiving. I've interviewed several people for in person 2nd interviews and left questioning if it was the same person that I did the zoom 1st interview with. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic